+ Reply to Thread

Thread: window tinits

Full Member DaN-GT is on a distinguished road

Default window tinits

well my gf is paying for me to get my windows tinted either this week or next. was wondering if people cud post sum pics of their cars with tints on plz im getting all 5 windows. but unsure of wot tint to go for so cud u plz state wot tint u have on ur windows plz thanks guys
    C2 GT ||3" Ashley Cat Back System|| ||4-1 Raceland Manifold|| ||Smoked Lexus Light's|| ||GT GSR|| ||ASD Spoiler|| ||Vt* Kit|| || Tints || || Angel Eyes || ||FK Coilovers|| ||HID's|| || Smooth Boot || || Cituning Remap ||

Default Re: window tinits

have a search im sure this has been asked loads.

bare in mind any tint on front sides will be illegal as they are already at maximum by law. if you can be bothered running the risk of agro then go for it but just letting you know that you may need to rip them back off!

RenaultSport Twingo 133 - Cup Chassis Pack - Glacier White - Black ID Pack - Carbon Wrapped Registration Recess

I had all five of mine done matey, don't get me wrong, it looks the dogs bollocks if you have them all done. But I had them for over 6 months then eventually I got nackerd by the law. I mean it wasn't anything too harsh just a 30 on the spot fine. I only got caught out though because every Friday night I go to Illegal street racing, so we got blocked in and they all searched the cars with a fine tooth pick. I'm not saying don't get the tints, but if you do matey, be prepared to drive around with your windows down in all kinds of weather.
    Much love Teddy

but if i get the fronts done at the legal limit then they cant say anything can they???
    C2 GT ||3" Ashley Cat Back System|| ||4-1 Raceland Manifold|| ||Smoked Lexus Light's|| ||GT GSR|| ||ASD Spoiler|| ||Vt* Kit|| || Tints || || Angel Eyes || ||FK Coilovers|| ||HID's|| || Smooth Boot || || Cituning Remap ||

Full Member JonnyW is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by DaN-GT
    but if i get the fronts done at the legal limit then they cant say anything can they???
    No..

But IIRC the fronts are on the limit, if not.. There isn't a tint light enough to get them to it.

I'd just get the rears done, the darker they are.. The darker the inside of the car will be, and will make the fronts look quite tinted anyway.

Yeh as JonnyW said the front windows will look tinted anyway. But to be honest, getting them done the legal limit, you wouldn't even be able to tell.
    But in my opnion get them tinted, my front ones let in 30% light, so they were pretty dark. But like I said I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Just be careful if you have your windows up matey. I wouldn't of got caught with them if I didn't go to the street racing, they had Zero tolerance for us that night.

thanks for tha help guys. i just went and booked my car in for next monday. im gettin all 5 done n the guy recomended 53% on the fronts hes just started doin this the past couple of weeks he said tht it wnt be to dark but will be better than the legal limit

53% Should be scrapeable... Good luck!

27% Is the Legal maximum IIRC.

70% (of light to pass through) on front is limit i think? but for 70% it aint worth doin BUT there is a loophole!!! u can tint half of front window and they cant do anythin!! aslong as it dont impede the view of the mirror ur fine, so basicly about 1st 6"- 8" of window then ur pushin ur luck.
    Citroen 1124i SX for sale, blue 46k on clock.

Member Regular Poster C2kev is on a distinguished road

i had my fronts done to 50%, but when i was stopped for a random check by VOSA their testing machine result was 27%. i was given a 10 day probation/prohibition?? notice to remove them or iwould be flagged on the police database as a chav that needed to be fined 60, or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Phill106
    70% (of light to pass through) on front is limit i think? but for 70% it aint worth doin BUT there is a loophole!!! u can tint half of front window and they cant do anythin!! aslong as it dont impede the view of the mirror ur fine, so basicly about 1st 6"- 8" of window then ur pushin ur luck.
    That'll look good :?

Quote Originally Posted by C2Kev
    ihad my fronts done to 50%, but when i was stopped for a random check by VOSA their testing machine result was 27%. i was given a 10 day probation/prohibition?? notice to remove them or iwould be flagged on the police database as a chav that needed to be fined 60, or something like that
    Yeah, the windows need to let through 73% light.. So you can get them tinted up to 23% darkness.

That's what my friend, who tints windows told me.

How goes window tinting with car warranty and car service if you buy brand new car? I want to do 5 windows but I'm a bit worry about service coming in April next year.
    Citroen C2 1.1 Cachet

Full Member Simon72 is on a distinguished road Simon72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lashek
    How goes window tinting with car warranty and car service if you buy brand new car? I want to do 5 windows but I'm a bit worry about service coming in April next year.
    You can only legally tint the rear 3 due to the front two have already got a slight tint and its not worth the money to have an extra 5% put on them to keep them legal.

No worry about Service or Warrenty, they are not a fixed modification.
    BUT you must inform your insurance company about tints, due to they will decrease you visability, some insurance companies will void your insurance if you have not declared them and then you have a crash.
    EX-C2 Owner (The original Wicked Red - White Stripe)
    EX-Land Rover Discovery For Some Muddy Fun.
    Now Driving a 2003 Vauxhall Omega 2.2Dti (Chipped) Estate with only 69,000 on the clock.
    www.rallyforheroes.com

+ Reply to Thread