+ Reply to Thread

Thread: silicon hoses

Default silicon hoses

need some help guys. when they say a 70mm hose, is that from outer wall to outer wall? or is it inner to inner wall? dont wanna order the wrong thing and be left disappointed

also, where have you all order your hoses from? im not bothered about using samco so long as i have some silicon hoses thats all that matters. cheapest site anyone?

best i have found is 36 delivred for a 90 degree reducer elbow and straight line coupler.

but i still need to get a hose for the oil breather pipe which im having trouble finding...

RenaultSport Twingo 133 - Cup Chassis Pack - Glacier White - Black ID Pack - Carbon Wrapped Registration Recess

Full Member Carpy is on a distinguished road Carpy's Avatar

Default Re: silicon hoses

Yo Fella,

Try these peeps,
    http://www.hoseworld.com/

Look in the automotive and marine hose section, cheap as chips. It aint Samco but the prices aren't either. If you scroll down under the elbow section there's all the sizes you can shake a stick at. Lots of straight silicon hoses cheap as well.
    Good luck fella let us know how you get on

Carpy :thumb:

MODS: Red Dot Remap - 112 BHP 155 ft/lb torque, Intercooler, K&N Panel Filter, 17"TSW Freeze, Bonnet Struts, Lowered 35mm
    Nikon Pronea 600i, F70, D80, D70, AF 18-55 VR, AF 28-80, AF 50, AF 70-300, Sigma AF 28-200, Sigma EF530DG Flash, Slik 88 c/w Slik 800 Ball Head

What are you trying to achieve?

engine onto 90degree reducer bend onto alloy pipe onto viper and then the breather pipe from the viper to the engine.

but back to bore size - is that the inner or outer diameter? im thinking its the inner yea?

RenaultSport Twingo 133 - Cup Chassis Pack - Glacier White - Black ID Pack - Carbon Wrapped Registration Recess

Yeah fella,

Bore size is i.d. (inner diameter)

Carpy

MODS: Red Dot Remap - 112 BHP 155 ft/lb torque, Intercooler, K&N Panel Filter, 17"TSW Freeze, Bonnet Struts, Lowered 35mm
    Nikon Pronea 600i, F70, D80, D70, AF 18-55 VR, AF 28-80, AF 50, AF 70-300, Sigma AF 28-200, Sigma EF530DG Flash, Slik 88 c/w Slik 800 Ball Head

cheers carpy. next question!! where isthe leg length measure to and from on 90degree bends? something tells me the 103mm standard isnt long enough

Where did you get the 103mm dimension from ? The silicon elbows on the hoseworld site have 152mm legs on them. The leg is the straight portion after the curve of the bend if that makes sense.

In other words, you've got 6" of straight, then a 90degree bend, then another 6 inches of straight.

If the worse comes to the worse as they say, try emailing hoseworld with what you need to do and see what they come back with

Good Luck
    Carpy :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by elniniol999
    engine onto 90degree reducer bend onto alloy pipe onto viper and then the breather pipe from the viper to the engine.

but back to bore size - is that the inner or outer diameter? im thinking its the inner yea?
    I am askig the question because as a professiona designer of performance tuning stuff I can see that you are trying to bodge something up that negates all positive effects of the induction you want to build.

yea i can understand that oldschool - but to be fair its purely for looks and noise - you wont get much more out of a 1.4 engine - otherwise i wouldnt be doing this

cheers for the clarification carpy!

Quote Originally Posted by elniniol999
    yea i can understand that oldschool - but to be fair its purely for looks and noise - you wont get much more out of a 1.4 engine - otherwise i wouldnt be doing this

cheers for the clarification carpy!
    You would be surprised what you can get out with a proper induction on the 1.4 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool
    .....You would be surprised what you can get out with a proper induction on the 1.4 engine.
    ....care to explain ?

I'm AAAALLLLLLLL ears on this mate - thanks
    Mark
    '07 C4 1.6 HDi VTR+ [ soon to be replaced ]

Follow my team www.pitchero.com/clubs/afcessington

Quote Originally Posted by MRHBLUE2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool
    .....You would be surprised what you can get out with a proper induction on the 1.4 engine.
    ....care to explain ?

I'm AAAALLLLLLLL ears on this mate - thanks
    On the same engine in the 206 we achieved with proper induction and re-map bewteen 3 and 18bhp power increase throughout the rpm range and 7 to 33 lb ft throughout the rpm range.

To design a proper induction it takes a bit more than an airfilter and some pipes. Flow dynamics is in principle quite straight forward, but to apply it getting power out is an animal.

I haver the induction for the C2 1.1 and 1.4 currently under development.

....and hopefully u r gonna keep us all updated on this ?

Would love to mod my 1.4 to give a respectable bhp and torque improvement
    Mark
    '07 C4 1.6 HDi VTR+ [ soon to be replaced ]

Follow my team www.pitchero.com/clubs/afcessington

Quote Originally Posted by MRHBLUE2
    ....and hopefully u r gonna keep us all updated on this ?

Would love to mod my 1.4 to give a respectable bhp and torque improvement
    I will. You will find soon more info on performancec2.co.uk too.

BTW, does your 1.4 have ABS?

+ Reply to Thread