+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: GT Turbo (2351)

Dash itself is 500+vat and carriage. Fitting probably in the region of 180to 200 for wiring, switches and programming the dash. Would involve around a days work by the time it's all done.

Ok mate I may get that done at the same time then while your wiring it all up

Time for a bit of an update...... few of you will have seen I'm selling the vf30 turbo setup. As I've decided to stop trying to "fix" what is now a fundemantally under specced car. Originally It was built to do 300-350bhp , which it did nicely as a daily for well over a year and a half. But since I upgraded the fuel system and added the nitrous it's been a bit stretched.

So.......out with the old and in with the new, the turbo will be replaced by a garret gtx3076, which will be hanging on a nice shiney new manifold with a billet cnc collector, and v band housings. Once the new head goes on and a new set of ID 1000cc injectors I should be able to happily run 550+bhp, plus nitrous

Just the clutch to sort now..........

Default GT Turbo (2351)

That clutch/ flywheel set up that ash ordered no good then ?
    As that was quite decent spec iirc
    Last edited by Trek; 20-02-2015 at 07:52 PM.

No mate, ashs will handle 400bhp, and the twin plate version of the same helix will do 450.
    Now I can actually get the car back to the unit I can get on with chopping a bell housing up to measure clearance when bolted to the engine from that I can have a triple plate made by superclutch that can handle big power. Then I'll be sending my box off for new shafts and gears making.

Default GT Turbo (2351)

Bloody expensive , this car thing , lol , if you start adding it all up ( don't do it) , thing is it's not about the money , it's about making something that was designed to do one thing , do something a lot different , and it's all down to yourself lol, sounds like a good plan
    Last edited by Trek; 20-02-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Merge on the collectors is nice, bloody huge blower! Twin scroll will help with lag... That will be mental!

Its only a single scroll housing mate, lag will be fairly hefty, but should be offset by the high rpm limit.

Full Member ashturnergt is on a distinguished road ashturnergt's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Vts

Senior I want that collector for my little GT28!

Can't wait to see yours done though! Bet you're glad you have your engine mounts back too
    Red C2 Vts, GR Performance Serious Turbo build- Underway

Black C2 Vts HDI daily runabout

Black GT #705 V6-SOLD

Full Member ashturnergt is on a distinguished road ashturnergt's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Vts

I think I've forced senior to buy a new Turbo because he was worried another C2 Turbo would show his up
    Red C2 Vts, GR Performance Serious Turbo build- Underway

Black C2 Vts HDI daily runabout

Black GT #705 V6-SOLD

No problems ash, they're a nice bit of kit... and there might be a bit of truth in what you say about the turbo

Still thin on big updates, not really got the free time I'd like to have at the minute to spend some time on the c2.....
    Still collecting parts for rebuild, and end up getting more than planned as usual.
    All the old turbo gear has now sold, so that's given a bit of a bump to funds.

Latest parts came from an Impreza we've just bought from a customer, due to a change of plans he can't fund the build anymore. So we bought it off him and we're breaking the car.....

Pair of Bride Max low Carbon Recliners, should be more comfortable for my back than the fixed buckets

Lite Member spooner56 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    Throttle Bodied VTS

hmm....What you doing with the old seat/s?

Provisionally sold mate, if that falls through ill give you a shout though?
    Need to drop you a call this week anyways.

Lite Member spooner56 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    Throttle Bodied VTS

Ahhh ok bud no worries, yeah just give me a shout if they don't go will have to come have a sit in them first lol, ok mate.

+ Reply to Thread