PDA

View Full Version : new induction kit and im on 85bhp

makao7
14-01-2009, 11:26 PM
im currently running 85 bhp on my 1.4 and its all down to the gsr induction kit i have done other things but nothing that major and i went on a rolling road and my torque increased by about 15% at 2k revs and if you own a 1.4 u no the low revs are the problem brill piece of kit!!

spsamsp
15-01-2009, 02:36 AM
You car sounded sweet as we left man!
Seen an increase in power since i put your old kit on as well, cant believe the difference lol

jnc90
15-01-2009, 08:22 AM
im currently running 85 bhp on my 1.4 and its all down to the gsr induction kit i have done other things but nothing that major and i went on a rolling road and my torque increased by about 15% at 2k revs and if you own a 1.4 u no the low revs are the problem brill piece of kit!!

Few questions! lol
Is ur a petrol mate?
Is it a senso drive?
Have you had nething else done (performance wise)
Where did u get it from,
Cost of kit and fitting?

Alot of questions I know lol!

Thanks in advance for any tips! :) Thinking about doing it myself see, I've had a quote of 120 fitted, but gotta go to North London for it! :(

Advikaz
15-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah same for me mate i would also be interested!

take it mine would be more for a vts thats typical lol

jnc90
15-01-2009, 10:23 AM
i know on performance C2 they're offering the GSR induction kit for all models at 120 fitted or delivered (I think) but just wondering where else u can get them? :)

Advikaz
15-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Anyone got a GSR on there vts's here, may get 1 at the end of the month, 1 thing tho why would you get it fitted surely its not that difficult inductions are pretty straight forward also do they use hoses with the breather pipe hole in it so it can be plugged in?

cheeeeers

~AJ~
15-01-2009, 12:45 PM
It doesn't sit in the normal channels for an induction kit, it wraps underneath the engine i believe. So its a pain in the arse to fit.

jnc90
15-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Can soomeone explain to me a cold air feed! BNot a clue how they work, do they just work in conjuction with a induction kit?

Cheers! :)

The Legend
15-01-2009, 03:01 PM
basically by putting a cone filter on instead of the standard air box, you will increase air flow, (which in theory should increase power) BUT it does not, as the air being sucked in will be warm (from the engine) warm air does not compress as well as cold air (so you may even lose power). You may have even noticed the car seems a little faster on a cold day. So by fitting what is effectively RAM air, or a cold air feed you are forcing cold air from outside into the filter, cold air compresses better so more air, more petrol bigger explosion more power :)

Advikaz
15-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah mine always runs better when its freezing cold as yes citroen have put the air pipe away from the engine but it cant suck in cold air still.

The Legend
15-01-2009, 03:19 PM
it draws air in from just to the right of the passenger side headlight... i dont think it does bad for cold air.

ofcourse the airbox gets hot, so paint it white or something and reflect the heat.

if you removed the plenum (to increase air flow where the air comes in next to the headlight) then you could RAM air from there to the filter?

jnc90
15-01-2009, 04:02 PM
so when u fit a cold air feed where should the pipe lead to and does it need to be attached to anything or do u just pump the cold air into the engine bay in general?

Advikaz
15-01-2009, 04:28 PM
I think there is 2 types, you can either go for the direct airbox type feed or just have a pipe blowing cold air in the filters general direction mate

makao7
15-01-2009, 07:31 PM
na its a pertrol and just a normal 1.4 i would have got a remap aswell but bit skint at the mo. o and it is 120 and u gotta go 2 enfield for it but they will dynamo it b4 and afta 2 prove the gains its wierd gives a really nise sound and goes behind the back of the engine.

wushu1989
15-01-2009, 07:55 PM
how is this possible?

this induction kit have to pass so close to the manifold...

it's almost impossible to feed cold air.

can someone explain how it's possible to increase the power that much?

greetz

jnc90
15-01-2009, 08:12 PM
So u got it from CHP on Performance C2 then?
I was temptd to do the induction and remap at the same time, but dun know if I wanna spend tha much lol!
Do u know if they charge extra to have the remap at a later stage as opposed to the 200 extra u would pay on top of the induction if u had them both together?
Also how long did it take! Cheers! :)

elniniol999
15-01-2009, 11:41 PM
pics! ive seen one fitted in performancec2 but obviously its not well known here..

do yyou think you could fit it from looking at it mate?

C2kev
16-01-2009, 12:06 AM
ofcourse the airbox gets hot, so paint it white or something and reflect the heat.

hope your not being serious! 8O

Advikaz
16-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Yeah i was about to say doubt that would do a awfull lol you would be better of just getting a sheet of heat reflecting foil, but even then yes it would help with the heating air box problem but you'd still get the air temperature so its not really worth it

makao7
16-01-2009, 11:49 AM
yeh you could fit it the only problem i had was that my strut brace was in the way and i had to take it out and then put it back in when it was done. there is no cold air feed its like right underneath the engine but i am thinking about using the same colour silicone hoses and running a nice long one across the front and underneath.

i will try and put some pics up i can do it on facebook if thats any good to you all because this website doesnt like me!

jnc90
16-01-2009, 11:58 AM
any1 got ne clue on the price of 1.4i GSR cams?

Cheers! :)

JamesPc
16-01-2009, 05:20 PM
everything you need to no about these inductions and cams is on www.performancec2.co.uk

The Legend
16-01-2009, 07:02 PM

i read it on that other c2 forum that must not be named under the induction guide. all i can say is snow reflects 90% of heat where as black tarmac only reflects 40% of heat (albedo). its science :)

Bump
16-01-2009, 09:01 PM

i read it on that other c2 forum that must not be named under the induction guide. all i can say is snow reflects 90% of heat where as black tarmac only reflects 40% of heat (albedo). its science :)

Well thats a new one on me 8O :lol:

C2kev
16-01-2009, 10:51 PM

i think you are getting heat confused with light mate, or infra-red/UV light maybe. but im no scientist

The Legend
17-01-2009, 11:00 AM

i think you are getting heat confused with light mate, or infra-red/UV light maybe. but im no scientist

no im not. but sunlight isnt cold is it..

C2kev
17-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh yeah i forgot the C2 has its own sun under the bonnet :roll:

jnc90
17-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Its true about black (and dark colours) absorbing light and heat and white reflecting it, it simple physics lol!
However not sure that would make a massive difference in this case! :)

Phill106
17-01-2009, 03:08 PM
the gsr products are designed for the c2, unlike most other induction kit, prices r 120 for 1.1, 1.4, vt* and 200 for the gt as it has a different air feed and has alot more pipe. like james said go on performancec2 website to find out all details and about cams,

as for the air box gettin hot and painting it white to get gains this is basicly a load of crap. the air flow thro the box will mean it stays cool nomatter how hard or fast u drive. white wont help at all.

Advikaz
17-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Your right about it beeing sciene or what ever, but when it comes to painting it white, the gains would be unnoticable

JamesPc
17-01-2009, 06:00 PM
there for we should paint the road white as the heat reflecting off the road would be cooler, hense colder air into the engine = more power

Oldschool
04-02-2009, 09:18 AM
basically by putting a cone filter on instead of the standard air box, you will increase air flow, (which in theory should increase power) BUT it does not, as the air being sucked in will be warm (from the engine) warm air does not compress as well as cold air (so you may even lose power). You may have even noticed the car seems a little faster on a cold day. So by fitting what is effectively RAM air, or a cold air feed you are forcing cold air from outside into the filter, cold air compresses better so more air, more petrol bigger explosion more power :)

The RAM air effect does not workat the speeds the C2s can achieve realistically. Also coldair feeds can starve the air intake of air when not done correctly. And doing it correctly is not as easy as it might appear.

Willsta_GT
04-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Oh yeah i forgot the C2 has its own sun under the bonnet :roll:

Loll ! :roll: