PDA

View Full Version : C2.......

Podolski
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Firstly like to say hi to everyone :clap:

Okay im finishing uni soon and got a nice job lined up with a good wee salary and initial signing fee :lips:

Sooo loving the juniour rally championships C2 looks lovely and im thinking of purchasing a C2 soon....

So whats the best model, in terms of speed, handling and overall carness lol

I know people have different opinions and prefernces but any opinions would be appreciated.

Also is there anything i should watch out for when buying..... (manifold problem, rust at boot)

Finally can you recommend any mods to increase performance (engine, lowering, brakes....etc!)

Thanks alot and looks like a nice forum :D

Bump
04-01-2009, 08:32 PM
They've all got their pro's and cons, but I know which I'd rather have. Oh, I do have ! 8)

Lord Teddy
04-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Well Firstly will it be your first car?
If so, I recommend the 1.1 r the 1.4.
But if not then surely you will be considering the 1.6 VTS or VTR?

Either way, there decent cars. have there faults as do all cars, but nothing too major.

Well the best mod when getting a C2 is surely lowering it.
It takes it from its 'stilt' look and improves the handling obviously.
There is a wide range of modding all over the net for C2's, so get one and have fun :)

Podolski
04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Not first car no, had a corsa 993cc, punto 1.1, mini cooper (old skool), 1.4 golf and drove loads more ;)

Looking more too the VTS just for sheer speed......

Can you recommened any web-site to get prices for mod's......?

Quick reply guys loving the site :D

chambers
04-01-2009, 08:41 PM
VTR on FK's, way of the future

Podolski
04-01-2009, 08:57 PM
what ares fk's? :? sorry

ellis
04-01-2009, 10:08 PM
fk's are a brand name for coilover suspension mate :D

elniniol999
04-01-2009, 11:55 PM
get a vts hdi and an ecu remap like bump! then get a mini meet organised with me :) lol

Podolski
05-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Why Hdi thou will a VTS not be far superior......

been pricing throttle bodies and carbs.....

Speakin to my uncle (race mechanic) he reckons there is alot of potential in the wee C2 8O 8O 8O :D

ashz
05-01-2009, 01:05 AM
famous for its higher mpg than bhp..............well if u drive good :D ha

Podolski
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
yea i understand i will be losing the mpg.....

But i have had my shitty 1.0L cars before and this car will only be used at weekends and couple nights a week so i can afford to go for the VTS :thumb:

So guys so far poll says VTS in lovel posiedon blue im thinkning possible red.....(only car that shud be red is ferarri or alfa imo)

Bump
05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Why Hdi thou will a VTS not be far superior......

been pricing throttle bodies and carbs.....

Speakin to my uncle (race mechanic) he reckons there is alot of potential in the wee C2 8O 8O 8O :D

Your Uncle obviously doesnt know about C2 ECU's then lol :lol:

The HDI VTS is actually faster mid range than the petrol VTS because of its extra torque, and only 5mph slower top end. With a simple ECU remap a HDi will be up in the 135-145bhp range while a petrol will need a LOT more spent on it and even then there is no guarantee it will work properly because of the complex ECU.

The HDi also wins on tax and insurance too ;)

Maleko
05-01-2009, 11:50 AM
@ Podolski

There at 2 VTS models, VTS Petrol 125BHP, VTS HDi 110BHP

Depends on what your after. If you do a lot of miles, and want better MPG then get the VTS HDi

If you want sommit that has an annoying manifold, but sounds great when it works, and like a quicker 0-60 and miles isnt an issue, then get the petrol.

If it wasnt for the fact I only do an average of about 7000 miles a year, I would go for the HDi, tax and insurance are the big saver!

Podolski
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
If you want sommit that has an annoying manifold, but sounds great when it works, and like a quicker 0-60 and miles isnt an issue, then get the petrol.

Can the manifold not just be replaced with a better one?

You guys got me think about a diesel......

Never thought i'd see the day i owned a diesel :oops:

lol

Maleko
05-01-2009, 06:00 PM
hehe, the manifold can be replaced, its the bolts that sheer off, happened to mine, but got it fixe dunder warrenty, and has been fine since...touch wood.

HerbyC2
05-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Agree with Bump. The VTS HDi is far superior+its quite shocking on how fast is actually is. But either way VTS model FTW

ashz
05-01-2009, 07:06 PM
i dont get it right.
if your wanting to get a car just for the weekends etc why not stay with ur car now wait till ur older and get a more expensive one that then u can take on a track and speed then?
because ur obviously after a tvs because of its higer speed and acceleration.............even though u my car can do the same high speed as a vts :D .........one of u challenge this quote pleasee :D

Bump
05-01-2009, 08:40 PM

Can the manifold not just be replaced with a better one?

You guys got me think about a diesel......

Never thought i'd see the day i owned a diesel :oops:

lol

You cant replace the manifold because it isnt the exhaust manifold that falls off, its the inlet manifold.