PDA

View Full Version : Which Grill?

Lord Teddy
22-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Well basically after christmas I have decided I want to order a new grill.
Now then, I don't know much about them.
Are they easy to fit, and what are the main ones people are going for.
So I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction and give me some of there own opinions.
I am considered to using mesh.
Pictures also please :)
Thanks!

jnc90
22-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Hey mate, I'm planning to do the same as soon as I can be bothered to take the plunge and get the work done lol!

I've posted a topice asking the same thing and I aint got a clue either (as u will see in my post lol)

Check this out tho the guys have been very helpful ;)

I'm liking the link to the one on ebay btw lol!

Hope it helps! :)

jnc90
22-12-2008, 10:21 AM
haha, only now noticed i didnt post the link:

http://www.c2club.co.uk/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21122

;)

Lord Teddy
22-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Lmfao cheers mate!

jnc90
24-12-2008, 07:08 PM
bought my grill mate! The one of eBay!
Very happy with it, haven't fitted it yet, but very pleased with how it looks and the delivery time was amazing lol! Ordered it 4pm and it cam the next morning! And delivery was free! :o)

I'll get some pics up of it when I can and when I get it sprayed and fitted!

jnc90
24-12-2008, 07:19 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/jnc1927/IMAG0019.jpg

There we go! Will be getting sprayed and fitted a soon as possible!

I also need some advise tho! Should I get it sprayed professionally or do it myself as I am quite happy with the results of my mirror caps (pics to follow) however if I get this wrong it will be a disaster, although if I do I could just take it to get it resprayed right?

So thoughts please! And also, any ideas of whats a good price for spraying and fitting for this! And if your local to South Wales (Gareth lol) any recommended places to go?

Thanks in Adcance! ;)

Lord Teddy
31-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeh looks brilliant.
Do you not need a new bumper as such for it?
Or just a fact of cutting out the old one and sticking that one back in place?

jnc90
31-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Well I've had it back from the sprayers today and its looking good, will post pics when I CBA! lol
No need for a new bumper, however taking out the old one sounds like a right pain so I'm getting it done by a pro body shop!
Basically if ur doing it yourself u gotta take of the bumper, (disconnect fogs) pop out the main part of the grill then saw out the remainder leaving a 15mm edge to attach the new one! Then either screw it in place or tiger seal it!

Don't know about u but I dun fancy doing all that myself lol!

While your here Teddy lol, where did u get ur LED strip, how long was the wire to the cigarette lighter attachment and are they waterproof?

Cheers! :)