PDA

View Full Version : silicon hoses

elniniol999
15-10-2008, 09:51 AM
need some help guys. when they say a 70mm hose, is that from outer wall to outer wall? or is it inner to inner wall? dont wanna order the wrong thing and be left disappointed :(

also, where have you all order your hoses from? im not bothered about using samco so long as i have some silicon hoses thats all that matters. cheapest site anyone?

best i have found is 36 delivred for a 90 degree reducer elbow and straight line coupler.

but i still need to get a hose for the oil breather pipe which im having trouble finding...

Carpy
15-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Yo Fella,

Try these peeps,
http://www.hoseworld.com/

Look in the automotive and marine hose section, cheap as chips. It aint Samco but the prices aren't either. If you scroll down under the elbow section there's all the sizes you can shake a stick at. Lots of straight silicon hoses cheap as well.
Good luck fella let us know how you get on

Carpy :thumb:

Oldschool
15-10-2008, 08:16 PM
What are you trying to achieve?

elniniol999
15-10-2008, 10:19 PM
engine onto 90degree reducer bend onto alloy pipe onto viper and then the breather pipe from the viper to the engine.

but back to bore size - is that the inner or outer diameter? im thinking its the inner yea?

Carpy
16-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah fella,

Bore size is i.d. (inner diameter)

Carpy

elniniol999
16-10-2008, 10:30 AM
cheers carpy. next question!! where isthe leg length measure to and from on 90degree bends? something tells me the 103mm standard isnt long enough :(

Carpy
16-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Where did you get the 103mm dimension from ? The silicon elbows on the hoseworld site have 152mm legs on them. The leg is the straight portion after the curve of the bend if that makes sense.

In other words, you've got 6" of straight, then a 90degree bend, then another 6 inches of straight.

If the worse comes to the worse as they say, try emailing hoseworld with what you need to do and see what they come back with

Good Luck
Carpy :thumb:

Oldschool
16-10-2008, 07:19 PM
engine onto 90degree reducer bend onto alloy pipe onto viper and then the breather pipe from the viper to the engine.

but back to bore size - is that the inner or outer diameter? im thinking its the inner yea?

I am askig the question because as a professiona designer of performance tuning stuff I can see that you are trying to bodge something up that negates all positive effects of the induction you want to build.

elniniol999
16-10-2008, 09:27 PM
yea i can understand that oldschool - but to be fair its purely for looks and noise - you wont get much more out of a 1.4 engine - otherwise i wouldnt be doing this

cheers for the clarification carpy! :D

Oldschool
16-10-2008, 09:47 PM
yea i can understand that oldschool - but to be fair its purely for looks and noise - you wont get much more out of a 1.4 engine - otherwise i wouldnt be doing this

cheers for the clarification carpy! :D

You would be surprised what you can get out with a proper induction on the 1.4 engine.

MRHBLUE2
17-10-2008, 04:36 AM
.....You would be surprised what you can get out with a proper induction on the 1.4 engine.

....care to explain ?

I'm AAAALLLLLLLL ears on this mate - thanks

Oldschool
17-10-2008, 08:44 AM
.....You would be surprised what you can get out with a proper induction on the 1.4 engine.

....care to explain ?

I'm AAAALLLLLLLL ears on this mate - thanks

On the same engine in the 206 we achieved with proper induction and re-map bewteen 3 and 18bhp power increase throughout the rpm range and 7 to 33 lb ft throughout the rpm range.

To design a proper induction it takes a bit more than an airfilter and some pipes. Flow dynamics is in principle quite straight forward, but to apply it getting power out is an animal.

I haver the induction for the C2 1.1 and 1.4 currently under development.

MRHBLUE2
17-10-2008, 02:27 PM
....and hopefully u r gonna keep us all updated on this ?

Would love to mod my 1.4 to give a respectable bhp and torque improvement

Oldschool
17-10-2008, 08:38 PM
....and hopefully u r gonna keep us all updated on this ?

Would love to mod my 1.4 to give a respectable bhp and torque improvement

I will. You will find soon more info on performancec2.co.uk too.

BTW, does your 1.4 have ABS?