+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to fit an aftermarket Headunit to a Mk1 (2003-2005) C2

Full Member Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT

if you have a mk2 this is the wrong adaptor, there is a guide for mk2 cars on another thread
    LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS....C2Club rules: Click Here

Full Member DavidB is on a distinguished road DavidB's Avatar

Okay, for mk 2 is ther a different adapter?
    Done - |Reedspeed Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust||Fli Sub||Stubby Arial||Sprayed Front Door Speaker Caps ||De-Wipered Back Window||Pressed plates||16" GT Alloys||Wind Deflectors||Black Angel Front Lights||Bonnet Struts||Black Lexus Back Lights||Lowered on Cituning Extra Lows||Smoothed Front Bumper|

Full Member Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den is infamous around these parts Den's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT

yes there is. if you do a search there are hundreds of threads about it

Done the search but cannot find any for mk2, onli mk1 and 3, am i just blatantly thick and missing something lol
    Done - |Reedspeed Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust||Fli Sub||Stubby Arial||Sprayed Front Door Speaker Caps ||De-Wipered Back Window||Pressed plates||16" GT Alloys||Wind Deflectors||Black Angel Front Lights||Bonnet Struts||Black Lexus Back Lights||Lowered on Cituning Extra Lows||Smoothed Front Bumper|

C2 Model
    GT

thanks, just off back to take the rong adapter then i'll get on to buying the right one. Citroen told me they dont supply mark 2 adapters is this right?

Newbie Antowns is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this guide, it really helped.

i see some are confused on how to swap wires, and also saving you a fiver on a lead. so here's how i did mine on my MK1 VTS to show others how easy it is.

heres the iso connector that comes with the head unit, notice the position of the red and yellow wire.

heres the iso connector from above.

get a small screwdrive, i used a precission screw driver and popped it down inside where the yellow wire is , and give the wire a little wiggle..

it should come out like this, heresa afterwith the red and yellow wires removed.

now pop them back into there new locations, notice the new positions of the red and yellow wires, thats it job done, connect the head units and cars iso connectors up and jobs done.
    Last edited by alan_t_vts; 06-01-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Citroen C2 1.6 VTS (Artic Steel)

Just bought a Pioneer DEH-3200UB HU and when I got out the ISO connector thing the red and yellow wires have plugs (for use of a better term) on them that can be swapped (so you can connect red to yellow and vise-versa), am I correct in thinking if I do this I won't need the 5 adapter from Citroen. Also, is it obvious what to do with the stalk controls part (PC99-X44)? I haven't picked one up yet but would be likely too in the future once I've saved up a bit more money for it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

no you should'nt need one m8, as all the adapter does is swap them over.

when you turn the car engine off, the head unit will still be on, sit there a couple of minutes and you should hear a click from behind the glovebox, and the head unit then switches off.
    see if it does the same as this is what it does on my mk1 vts.

Just to report back, I sat in the car for a couple of minutes after the engine was off and there was indeed a click and the HU switched off. Had to get an adapter for the aerial though, the one in the C2 won't connect to the one on the new HU.

cool, so just lock the car as normal then, and the head unit will auto shut off.

Ive swapped red and yellow wires and it did indeed switch off. I thought i had it solved and then it came back on again? Any ideas???

after you tried it, i guess you opened the door to get out?
    which would result in the car thinking you have got into the car again resulting in the stereo coming back on.
    once you get out the car and lock it, it will then stay off until you unlock your car or you open the door if unlocked.
    Last edited by alan_t_vts; 10-07-2011 at 07:38 PM.

ive got an aftermarket hu couldnt tell you what make but i would like my stalk to operate the volume , any help would be much appreciated thaks ryan

Full Member Grahamj69 is on a distinguished road Grahamj69's Avatar

Hey Ryan,

There are a few stalk adapters out there depending on age (mk 1 / 2), etc. of your car, so make sure you have the right info for this. The correct stalk adapter should cover most of the main brands of aftermarket HU manufacturers.

You will also need a patch lead which will be for your specific make of aftermarket HU you have. You may also need an aerial adapter. On my install I had a Fakra aerial so I needed the Fakra / ISO aerial adapter which has a blue wire which had to connect to one of the wires from the stalk adapter to supply power to the signal booster.

NOTE - when you use the correct stalk adapter you do not need a separate wiring harness.

I have a 2006/2007 Furio and I recently fitted a Pioneer DEH-6300SD HU and the people at Car Audio Security in Hayes Middlesex were really helpful. They even popped out the OEM stereo to check what type of aerial I had. Their website is pretty good. Have a look under car stereo accessories for the cables.

I also fitted new front component speakers and ran new wires to them. I had to push out the wires (and pin) from the block that were marked front right +, front right -, frontl left + and front left - to attach these new speaker wires to.

Hope this helps, but I would suggest going to a reputable car audio centre for advice before buying the adapter cables. The cables added about 50 to the purchase orice of the HU and speakers so definately make sure you get the right ones.
    C2 Furio 1.4 2007 Model, Wicked Red - Completely standard apart from Pioneer DEH-6300SD head unit and Hertz ESK-165 component door speakers fitted

Wish List

Headlights (Black Angel Eyes), Rear Lights (Black LED non Lexus), Rear Window Tints (Dark), Alloys (15 Anthracite), Mirrors (Evo Style colour of car), Rear Valance (Carbon Wrap), Exhaust (Stainless for longevity), Air Filter (Green or BMC panel)

Hey guys need sum help!!! Fitted my new head unit Friday to my 05 vts followed the guide from this thread... Now all seemed to be working fine till I got in it on Saturday morn and the battery was flat as a fart.. Whipped the new unit out n replaced the original.. Now everything is working except drivers Side auto window any ideas???

Member street8 is on a distinguished road street8's Avatar
    C2 Model
    HDi Sensodrive

Hi forum newbie here

Recently bought a MK1 Citroen C2 VTR (53 plate). Never thought to check if the stereo worked :o Since discovered there's a CD stuck inside and I've tried everything to get it out, even asked Citroen to take a look when I took it for a service, and they couldn't get it out either. So I've decided to try and replace the original Clarion unit with an old aftermarket Kenwood headunit I have lying around.

I have followed the above advice and purchased the Citroen adapter which came today, however I'm still none the wiser as to how to install the damn thing. I'd like to keep the stalk controls so I need to buy another adaptor, presumably the PC99-X44 one. Is that all I need? Do the speaker connections plug directly from the cars wiring loom into the back of the new headunit?

The Kenwood unit in question is an old KRC-391 (with cd changer as well). I can supply photos/ additional info if needed to solve the riddle

Please excuse me if I'm asking a stupid question as electrics aren't my strong point beyond basic household wiring

Member DanBridle is on a distinguished road DanBridle's Avatar

I fitted my new stereo today. Two problems though:

1. My central locking doesn't work - it will lock on the button, and unlock within about two minutes, but after that you have to put the key in the door.

2. The head unit doesn't turn itself on/off with the ignition.

Everything else works fine though. There are lots of wires that are not connected to anything in the new stereo loom - one is labelled ACC which I guess should go somewhere?

I didn't buy the adapter from Citroen, I chose to buy one from eBay instead (because I'm lazy).

Any help would be gratefully received.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autol...r-p-25408.html
    It's 8, you'll have a spare red wire on this adapter, thread it through the dash down to the lower center console which with a little elbow grease will come up BUT don't pull to hard, you'll break wires if (window wires are quite short so if you pull it open wide, you'll break them). Once it's open just attach the red wire to the cigarette lighters wire, pretty sure it's the thick white one.

Buy it, fit it, done..You could spend ages looking for other advice, or just buy it, either suck up listening to your exhaust for a thew days or fit your old stereo while you wait. Not only the fact it will fix all your problems it'll give you a more space at the back of the stereo.

w.e you do, gl..

Full Member McG360 is on a distinguished road McG360's Avatar
    C2 Model
    VTR

I have the following set-up, but my stalk controls don't work and the centre console keeps part of whatever was the last message to scroll across, e.g. LEFT DOOR OPEN, but the clock seems fine and a quick tap of the button on the left of the clock display brings back the date.

- Mk1 Citroen C2 (a 2006 registered VTR 1.4 with the Mk1 dash with Clarion PU-2471A(G) stock headunit)
    - Citroen wiring adaptor (947528)
    - Autoleads PC99-44X stalk adaptor
    - Autoleads PC5-CLA patch lead for Clarion headunits
    - Clarion FZ501E headunit

The wiring between the Citroen adaptor and stalk adaptor looks a bit suspect, some pins aren't going anywhere. Any ideas? I'm a car stereo novice. Central locking, etc. all seem okay.

Thanks

C2 Model
    VTR

Actually, I just noticed that the clock is frozen. It has the right time when I turn on the ignition but never updates. Dammit! I thought I had all the cables

C2 Model
    VTR

In case anyone runs into a similar problem with their Mk1, the Connects2 DS-CT002 plus the patch lead did the trick for me in the end. No need to use the Citroen adaptor with this.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/citro...r-p-10489.html

Finally, my Bluetooth headunit is fully up-and-running and my clock is working again

I also fitted Alpine head unit and get from http://www.connects2.co.uk/ right adaptors.Now the stalk buttons also working perfectly.
    http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductIn....aspx?id=10520
    and also I needed some universal kit for this adaptor.

+ Reply to Thread