+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clutch actuator problem.... issue found.... arc magnet damage

Exclamation Clutch actuator problem.... issue found.... arc magnet damage

Hi,
    My main reason for posting this is in the hope it helps someone. I put a new clutch in my car and also fixed an issue with
    the gear actuator. A connector was damaged so I bought a second hand one and cannibalized it so I
    didn't have to mess around with the ECU side of things. The car worked fine for a while then 'lost' the gear it was in one
    day. I turned the ignition off and back on and it seemed ok for a while. The problem happened again so
    I thought I'd check the clutch actuator. On examination and cleaning I found the arc magnets were badly
    cracked with one of them being in three pieces. There was no mechanical damage caused by the magnets being fractured to
    any other part of the actuator..
    I don't know what issues this would cause but felt it worth passing on as it may be worth inspecting magnets for damage if
    stripping the clutch actuator down. I've sure outs caused my issues. I now need to.try and buy the magnets if i can
    as I don't want to buy a new actuator unless I have no choice. I wanted to include my pictures but the files are too big. Hope
    this helps someone.

I replaced the broken magnets with magnets from a spare gear actuator I had, for the time being. I can't believe the difference in the smoothness of the gear change or the consistency of the revs at which the car charges up and down gears. I wish I could post pictures of the old magnets.

+ Reply to Thread