+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Central locking receiver module

Question Central locking receiver module

Hello everyone,
    I have a 2006 C2 1.1 that came with central locking working only with a key, no remote. I would like to fit a Citroen receiver so I can lock/unlock my car with a remote. Is that even possible? Where is the remote control receiver located on a Citroen C2?
    Iíve been searching for something related to my question everywhere, but I canít find anything helpful.
    Thank you!

The central locking is actually controlled by the BIS unit on the car.
    It would be a case of somebody programming the key to the BSI so that you could unlock it remotely.
    I know a main Citroen dealer would be expensive so worth trying a decent reputable person/business that re-programmes keys etc.

Andy

Sorry I meant the BSI in the first sentence as well!

Andy

C2 Addict Advanced Poster ozVTR is on a distinguished road ozVTR's Avatar

[QUOTE=tuttee;419264]
    central locking working only with a key, no remote. QUOTE]

I'm sorry but this statement makes no sense to me. Are you saying all the doors on your C2 unlock, all at once, by putting the key in the drivers door?

The factory standard is: the key only mechanically unlocks the drivers door. The "central locking" only works from the remote buttons on the key.

As stated, the BSI controls the central locking but we all need to be on the same page before we can attack this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ozVTR View Post
    Are you saying all the doors on your C2 unlock, all at once, by putting the key in the drivers door?
    Yes, thatís how it works on my car.
    When I bought the car it came only with 1 key and the key does not have a remote. Recently, I made a copy of the key and had it programmed. The new key works perfectly, but it also have buttons for lock/unlock, which I would like to use. I tried all the guides that say to press the lock button while ignition is on for 10 seconds. But my guess is that my car does not have a high frequency receiver and antenna(aerial) for the remote to work.

I have no idea what's going on. As I stated above the factory set up works differently to yours so I can only assume that yours has been modified in some way. The door locking mechanism is part of the BSI (the fuse box in the glove box) and so is the remote receiver. To my knowledge all C2s and C3s run the same setup. It's possible the "central locking from the door" feature is on some other Citroen or Peugeot models and the BSIs are capable of it but I am unaware of that.
    Who programmed to key for you? They will need a LEXIA and some knowledge of the system. I can only suggest you start with them. They may be able to give you a clue as to what is going on.

Remember the new key fob can only be programmed if it is brand new and never been programmed to another car

Or simply the battery in it is not good

Quote Originally Posted by C2mess View Post
    Remember the new key fob can only be programmed if it is brand new and never been programmed to another car
    The central locking transmitter and RFID chip (the key fob) each transmit a (different) code which is not programmable and "statistically unique" ;-) . That means each is unchanged from the day it is manufactured until it is thrown in the bin. It is theoretically possible to code the one key to any car (that uses that system) irrespective of how many other cars it is coded to. In practice the ignition lock will be different making it impractical but from an electronics point, it is possible to have the one key work on multiple cars.

+ Reply to Thread