+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Central Locking Not Workie

Newbie Norm is on a distinguished road Norm's Avatar
    C2 Model
    56 VTS

Default Central Locking Not Workie

I can unlock the car with on the driver's door. Start the car. Lock both doors and the boot with the button on the dash.
    But not with the remote ?? ( No clicking, from any relay when button pressed. ) I've changed the battery in the remote all to no avail and I've looked through all posts on the site regarding the central locking.
    But can't find any that match my situation.

C2 Addict Advanced Poster ozVTR is on a distinguished road ozVTR's Avatar

You are very lucky that you can still unlock the drivers door manually. Like the problem you have with your BSM, moisture corrodes the mechanism! Keep it lubricated for just this situation! You have no idea how many people have been locked out of their car because of this!!!
    If there is no clicking of relays from the BSI (the fuse box in the glove box) then your plip is not communicating with the BSI. Either your plip is faulty, it is not coded to the BSI or the BSI is faulty.
    You can try recoding the plip to the car (there are post on here and in your users manual). Odds are its your plip, I cant remember anyone posting about a faulty BSI(the RF section ). Besides you don't want it to be the BSI...That's a pain in the a$$.

C2 Model
    56 VTS

Cheers. Ahh. The plot thickens though. I now have no starter and no Dash ( LCD and lights ) at all + someone has, at some stage decided
    that the window washer would be better on a separate button rather than on the collum stock.

There is more wrong with this car than what is right with it ( Electric Wise ) Going to see my mechanic on Monday.

ozVTR ( Sticky !!! ) If you can unlock the car with the key, but not operate the central locking with it.
    Get a brush about 1.5M long open the boot reach in with the brush and press the remote locking button on the dash
    ( Drop Brush in the car, as you will need it again),
    and shut the boot. You will now find that both door's and the boot are locked.

PS: I only paid 350 for the car with a full year's MOT, so I ain't Bitching. I like a challenge.

Do you have any electrical power at all?

The C2 can be be locked with out any power on it or working plip. Boot cant be opened from the outside without power, passengers door has dial on the striker plate to lock it, drivers door locks with the key (as you know). THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE DRIVERS DOOR KEY LOCK REMAINS SERVICEABLE! Or you are fu^#ed.

LOL! I know what you mean. I just picked up two C3's for $1500 (about 800 pound). One missing a starter motor but the bloke claims the engine runs. The other runs like a bag of $hit. He seemed to be in the process of transplanting parts from one to the other. I got the starter back but its fried. The planetary gearbox (in the starter) collapsed and the starter locked up. On the one running badly, the guy had replaced the o2 sensors, the coil pack, the injector loom, "cleaned" the injectors (I dont know what that means). The purge valve and knock sensor connectors had been cut off and then spliced back in(WTF!). He swapped the BSI's and engine ECU's (fair enough for fault finding) but he didn't put them back! So the radios whinged and the plips unlocked the wrong car. The thing is, he has gone to all this effort and given up but while putting everything back (and only a couple of hours) I found the purge control valve stuck open! This causes the engine to run VERY rich. On the one that supposedly works (but missing the starter) the purge valve is missing and the purge canister is just plumbed straight to the inlet manifold though a mechanical one way valve. I am looking at getting a 2nd hand engine loom from the UK for $240 (about 150 pound) :-( because I'm not happy with just splicing them back. Most of the bits I will be getting from the UK as it is cheaper and the parts are more prevalent over there.

Er..that's probably more info than you wanted to know LOL!

C2 Model
    56 VTS

And I thought I had problems... Gee.

To quote you "I like a challenge".

Woo Hoo! Engine loom came down to 55 pound, posted!

+ Reply to Thread