+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ecu

Full Member carlloeb27 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    c2 loeb 027 red

Default Ecu

Hi guys and gals,right for a while now there had been a grinding noise from behind the steering wheel for a while now and last night my power steering packed up and steering heavy so Iím guessing itís the steering Ecu so my question is do I get a matching numbers one or will any fit the vts,itís a 2007 loeb,had a new rack and new decent battery last year.cheers

C2 Addict Advanced Poster ozVTR is on a distinguished road ozVTR's Avatar

I cant see how the steering ECU would cause "grinding noises". That indicates, to me, some sort of mechanical failure. Now that the power steering has stopped working is it still making the grinding noises? Classic noises associated with the steering are the shock tower bearing or steering rack problems. If the noise has stopped I would say it's associated with the power steering motor.

C2 Model
    c2 loeb 027 red

It’s stopped making the noise then it would come back now and then,I’m only thinking it’s the ecu as threads on here have stated that’s the fix for them,a couple of months ago I took it to the garage who had a look over the car and they said it was fine so obviously it’s not so that’s where I’m at as the car is sat on the drive, cheers for the advice anyway oz

C2 Model
    c2 loeb 027 red

well ive put the car in at the garage and told him briefly what was going on and he said that it cannot be the power steering motor as its electric so im just waiting on a call to find out what it is

C2 Model
    c2 loeb 027 red

Right garage says it’s defo the steering ecu so I’m on the hunt for as they are to find so if anyone out there that has one for sale please let me no the psa number is 9662310080 cheers

+ Reply to Thread