+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mk1 vts

Default Mk1 vts

Hi guys, been registered for a while. So here goes, currently own mk1 c2 vts in black 05 plate on 164k 😋😋.
    Looking to get into the modifying scene but making it my own of course with the help of using peoples ideas
    And creating something out of it.

How do i upload photos?

Thanks for so many ideas �� �� ��

C2 Addict Advanced Poster ozVTR is on a distinguished road ozVTR's Avatar

Well What are you interested in?
    Suspension? Engine? In car entertainment?
    There are plenty of threads on those topics.
    Don't ask me, I'm an old fart, my idea of the ideal car is one that is reliable and gets me where I'm going. :-)
    I would search "VTS inlet manifold leak" and be sure your car has no faults before moving on.
    In the bar above the reply text box, the third icon from the right looks like a tree in a square, is insert image. Read the rules on the main forum page about the maximum size of images.
    Welcome to the forum.

Try tying the key back to the car , it’s tell you how to do this process on this forum , fit a new Duracell or similar quality batter in your key before you start .
    The sound you hear could be the car isolating itself ( a security measure) to an unknown signal

Trek u lost me a little bit there lol. Ozvtr, iv recently had coilovers fitted handles like its on rails now lol.
    Unfortunately though it just popped a top mount, strut straight through grrr. Got an enclosed induction kit
    Just need to figure a way of running the cold air feed, just infront of the alternator
    Is a square hole which would be perfect for picking up cold air while being stealthy aswell i think.
    Also have a hornet backbox which needs sorting out as blowing at the join.
    Does anyone elses c2 suffer with oil residue inside the tb? I got blue silicone joint on the tb i took it off the other day
    To clean and there was like a silvery type of crap on the inside aswell the breather like some sort of greese.

Quote Originally Posted by C2beast17 View Post
    Trek u lost me a little bit there lol. Ozvtr, iv recently had coilovers fitted handles like its on rails now lol.
    Unfortunately though it just popped a top mount, strut straight through grrr. Got an enclosed induction kit
    Just need to figure a way of running the cold air feed, just infront of the alternator
    Is a square hole which would be perfect for picking up cold air while being stealthy aswell i think.
    Also have a hornet backbox which needs sorting out as blowing at the join.
    Does anyone elses c2 suffer with oil residue inside the tb? I got blue silicone joint on the tb i took it off the other day
    To clean and there was like a silvery type of crap on the inside aswell the breather like some sort of greese.
    If you just pooped a top mount then the kit is fitted incorrectly, I did a post many moons ago regarding this
    There should be a washer on top of the shocker , it slides down the threaded part and then the top mount goes on , this spreadsthe shock absorber loading to the top mount

Thanks for that lol, checked my old suspension and to my suprise the garage actually didnt put on the load washer thingys.
    My pride n joy is in garage been there for a couple of days now, thehre replacing both top mounts for free n settin up the geo
    All for nuffin cant grumble at that i suppose. Been using the same garage for a couple of years n theyve never done me wrong
    Just one of them easy mistakes i guess lol. Gonna get clutch done as well as getying a very nasty judder n goes through the whole car
    Iv changed engine mounts ball joints control arms, inner n outta tie rods, think rear bushes need doing aswell.

Im thinking of camming but this is still goin to be my daily... I know alot of people are just gonna say buy a fast car in the first place.....
    Thats boring and this is my lil baby and its my car.... Im thinking to with maybe ph1 newmans? Or maybe jus get the ph3s n be done with it ����
    What do you reckon?

I.ll put the bill in the post ����

Thanks for that lol, checked my old suspension and to my suprise the garage actually didnt put on the load washer thingys.
    My pride n joy is in garage been there for a couple of days now, thehre replacing both top mounts for free n settin up the geo
    All for nuffin cant grumble at that i suppose. Been using the same garage for a couple of years n theyve never done me wrong
    Just one of them easy mistakes i guess lol. Gonna get clutch done as well as getying a very nasty judder n goes through the whole car
    Iv changed engine mounts ball joints control arms, inner n outta tie rods, think rear bushes need doing aswell.

Im thinking of camming but this is still goin to be my daily... I know alot of people are just gonna say buy a fast car in the first place.....
    Thats boring and this is my lil baby and its my car.... Im thinking to with maybe ph1 newmans? Or maybe jus get the ph3s n be done with it 😁😁
    What do you reckon?

Tut dnt no why it done that, anyway cars back where she belongs with me lol.
    Im interested in upgrading the brakes, now iv heard alot of talk about c4 vts brakes are they a straight bolt on?
    Also would i need braided hoses for c2 or for c4 to fit the c4 calipers? And i would need just the carriers and calipers correct?

Well not just to fit the calipers but jist bcoz theyre betta lol

��������

I have the C4 2.0 vts calipers on my wide body Cituning car , but iirc you need different disks, I also have a massive Brembo Gt set of calipers and discs sat here , 406 brembos also fit with Ds3 discs

+ Reply to Thread