+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abs pump and ecu ???????

Default Abs pump and ecu ???????

Hi all, need your help, abs light is on so changed pump but light is still on, bought the car as a non runner witch was standing for some 3 to 4 years, its a loeb. I think thay have changed the ecu but as the milage on the clock do not match the mot info, so my ? is are the abs pump and ecu matcted, if not is there a reset if you change the pump, .

The loeb , vts and Code from 2006 onwards have abs with esp, really common fault on these cars is the esp pressure sensor ( which is buried in the abs valve lock failing , leaving you with an esp light on ( which is a test failure )also centre display warning keeps popping in
    Few firms out there repair said fault , you would need it on diagnostics to see why it’s doing what it’s doing really

Thanks for the reply, unable to get a diag as the car is sorn and no mot, unable to find the proper pump with the same part number , the one i did find was faulty, so can i fit a pump from another vts ect, if so what onther parts would i need from the donor car, has any one tried this ? . Please help with any info as i need to keep loeb from the scrapyard grave

Default abs

ive split a abs pump and ecu which had different numbers than mine and the pump worked fine.

Hi , witch part did you use , I assume you kept the black ecu ? and used the silver pump?

Default abs

i used the pump part,if i had have used the ecu i would of had to have it coded to the car as it had different numbers on it.

Thanks for the info so far, I managed to get a abs pump of a norther loeb with the same numbers and after fitting and bleeding the brakes the same fault is there, is there a set way fitting these or am I just unlucky with the 2 I've had,

Common fault with this system , send your old unit away and get it repaired properly

Hi all again, so sent my unit away for repair but after fitting and bleeding the system I still have the same fault esp/asr fault. were do I go now ???????

System needs to be bled properly using the Citroen diagnostic software to run the abs pump ,

+ Reply to Thread