+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C2 VTS Steering Problems

Newbie TMath123 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    VTS

Default C2 VTS Steering Problems

Before I explain the situation I'll list the things that have been done so far in order to try and fix the problem

1. Both Front Shocks replaced, along with top mounts

2. wheels aligned

3. tyres are all same brand, with correct pressure

About a month ago I was going round a roundabout probably slightly too fast whilst turning in tightly. As I was going round I heard a cracking / snapping noise come from the front left side of my car. Since then I have taken it to my mechanic a few times and he can't see anything noticeably wrong. I'm not too clued up on the mechanical side of things but I'm pretty sure he said that something about the arms and bushings looking fine. however the steering feels awful. It feels floppy and the steering wheel droops slightly to one side(left). on top of this it has a mind of its own at times. whilst parallel parking turning the wheel requires a lot of effort. I live in an area with very poorly maintained roads and I'm wondering if thats had an impact on the integrity of the cars suspension. I was hoping there might be someone on here who might know whats wrong and could help me. This is not the first problem i've had with this cars suspension and it's becoming a total money pit now and one I am struggling to maintain. any help is much appreciated

Full Member smarks is on a distinguished road smarks's Avatar
    C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Check the suspension coil spring. As the car gets older they are susceptible to snapping which isn't always easy to see

C2 Model
    VTS

Quote Originally Posted by smarks View Post
    Check the suspension coil spring. As the car gets older they are susceptible to snapping which isn't always easy to see

I will check that out mate, thanks. Is there anything else that you think could be causing the issue? just so I have a few things to check if the spring is okay.

Top mount bearing failure or struts aren’t fitted correctly

yea, i agree... probably top mounts... cant tell when car stationary, on a jack...
    ***7x17 Wolfrace Hustle***windows tinted***Pipercross Viper***Remus rear silencer***custom rear lights***Eibach -50mm springs
    http://www.c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?306-My-baby...-**progress-update**/page1

You plan on turboing that thing? You better start spending money on drugs, like all the normal kids

C2 Model
    VTS

Would the top mount bearing of been replaced when I had the top mounts changed? because if this is the case then I've only had these things fitted 2 months tops. Also I noticed today when going round a large roundabout, a large amount of vibration started. Seems to only happen when the steering wheel is held in a right position for a prolonged amount of time.

C2 Model
    VTS

How can I find out if this is the problem?

C2 Model
    VTS

This is the link of the top mounts I bought. https://www.autopartspro.co.uk/bilstein-7663302

C2 Model
    VTS

Quote Originally Posted by TMath123 View Post
    Would the top mount bearing of been replaced when I had the top mounts changed? because if this is the case then I've only had these things fitted 2 months tops. Also I noticed today when going round a large roundabout, a large amount of vibration started. Seems to only happen when the steering wheel is held in a right position for a prolonged amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek View Post
    Top mount bearing failure or struts aren’t fitted correctly
    not too sure if only replying gives a notification, so ill copy this into a quote reply jut to make sure

"Would the top mount bearing of been replaced when I had the top mounts changed? because if this is the case then I've only had these things fitted 2 months tops. Also I noticed today when going round a large roundabout, a large amount of vibration started. Seems to only happen when the steering wheel is held in a right or left position for a prolonged amount of time."

+ Reply to Thread