+ Reply to Thread

Thread: handling

Member Regular Poster welly24 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    vtr 308bhp 1.8 20valve turbo

Default handling

went out for a run and or a slight right hit a fair dip in the road and it felt like I had 2 flat tyres on the back it was shocking it seemed to over steer as the weight lifted on the rear and it swayed all over the place, so whats everyone doing to get the back end to stay where it should it seems to be towing in a mile which could cause some handling problems as the weight shifts and the load changes

Well, you are much, much faster than everyone else so your problem can be unique to your car!

Unless you have gone out of your way to create it, the rear wheel tow should not be pointed in so you may have a issue that should be looked at as soon as you can. You can add negative camber to prevent lift off over steer easily by adding shims, you can go +1 or 2 degrees negative camber quite easily.

The most important thing for these cars is stiffness, they are quite weak in the back. You can go for a half cage in the back which really stiffens the car for 480 complete from Megillian Motorsport in Hull, I have this cage and I noticed the difference the first time I drove the car, it really makes the back end feel very solid.

I you plan on keeping the seats then they can also fabricate you a bespoke rear brace to meet your requirements. Contact: https://www.facebook.com/MegillianMotorsport/

I am also running a front strut brace from C2 Motorsport parts which I think works.

C2 Model

put vts rear springs on so lowered it a bit and seems to be stiffer than the vtr springs, they spun me off the road so its a bit better but still had to fight it to keep it on my side of the road,il try the rear camber and tracking

C2 Model

changed the wheels and tyre size and it has a better feel in a straight line but in corners its still realy horrid,its coming off the road at the end of September to shim the rear tracking as ive found that the standard tracking is 40 min tow in,which causes lift off steering but stops it swaying about at speed,

well.. i dom't quite understand what you are saying, but... you were driving the car, and before you hit a bump, everything was ok, and when you hit the bump, it started swirling arround, and from that moment on, your car handles like crap? I guess, that, you broke something??!?!? if i'm correct, if i understood you, correct me if i'm wrong.

also, from my point of view, vts is really light in the back, for me stiff enough. but, you have a 1.8 turbo in the front, with a vw 6.speed, i'd guess it is atleast with the gearbox and turbo, and intercooler and everything, your car should be 20kg heavier in the front, and if you removed the spare, 20kg lighter in the back, so you get +40kg of balance more on the forward axles than was intended when c2 was constructed, and that, i think is alot
    ***7x17 Wolfrace Hustle***windows tinted***Pipercross Viper***Remus rear silencer***custom rear lights***Eibach -50mm springs
    http://www.c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?306-My-baby...-**progress-update**/page1

You plan on turboing that thing? You better start spending money on drugs, like all the normal kids

+ Reply to Thread