+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abs help

Default Abs help

Hi guys/girls Iím new to this forrum and just saying a big hello, i was actually after some help for my misses first time car, since she brought it the brakes have been naff, so i took the calipers off cleaned all the discs shims etc on the front, and noticed a piston had siezed on so wouldnít compress all the way back, so had to take the piston out completely, fitted it back fine, bled the brakes fine, however the abs light keeps coming on and going off on drives, which I presume thereís now air in the abs system module, so the question is, is there anyone local to us in Birmingham with the Lexia diagnostics software that can help bleed the brakes properly? There will be a few beers in it to help thanks steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Regular Poster wurlycorner is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    By Loeb

Welcome
    You shouldn't need lexia to bleed the brakes?
    I'd say it's more likely that the reluctor ring is damaged/dirty or the sensor (or wire to it) has been damaged in the course of your work on the brakes. You're right though that lexia will help you diagnose that
    I'm nowhere near you so unfortunately can't help.
    People on here don't seem to be very forthcoming with offering lexia help tbh, try frenchcarforum - there's a members map on there with lexia owners.

Quote Originally Posted by wurlycorner View Post
    Welcome
    You shouldn't need lexia to bleed the brakes?
    I'd say it's more likely that the reluctor ring is damaged/dirty or the sensor (or wire to it) has been damaged in the course of your work on the brakes. You're right though that lexia will help you diagnose that
    I'm nowhere near you so unfortunately can't help.
    People on here don't seem to be very forthcoming with offering lexia help tbh, try frenchcarforum - there's a members map on there with lexia owners.
    Ok cheers bud, will the lexia software tell us if itís an airlock or a faulty sensor? Iíve actually downloaded and installed the software on my laptop now, going to buy the lead tomorrow and hopefully sort the problem, and I didnít touch anywhere near the end of the driveshaft or hub where the reluctor ring is located, however some of the brake fluid slightly did spill out of the piston, so could have gotten inside on the ring somehow, just seems strange the abs light as only come since we had the brake piston out as if air as got into the abs system

C2 Model
    By Loeb

It won't be able to diagnose an airlock particularly, no.
    It'll tell you if it's a sensor though - and either way, it's logged a fault, so it wants to tell you that something is faulty!

It won't be able to diagnose an airlock particularly, no.
    It'll tell you if it's a sensor though - and either way, it's logged a fault, so it wants to tell you that something is faulty!

Hi mate, only just got around to diagnosing the c2 with lexia, and this is the fault that popped up below, not sure if an airlock would cause this code or not still? As if thereís no fluid getting into the caliper it would detect a fault! Iíve cleard the code now and see if it pops up again the same

C2 Model
    By Loeb

That's nothing to do with the hydraulics at all - that's definitely the ABS sensor on the rear right hub.
    Check the plug for that sensor (disconnect, check the pins all look clean/not contaminated etc then reconnect) and try it again.
    If no joy and the fault re-appears, your sensor is likely defective (e.g. wiring in the cable breaking down causing temporary faults at the moment which will turn into a permanent fault eventually).

That's nothing to do with the hydraulics at all - that's definitely the ABS sensor on the rear right hub.
    Check the plug for that sensor (disconnect, check the pins all look clean/not contaminated etc then reconnect) and try it again.
    If no joy and the fault re-appears, your sensor is likely defective (e.g. wiring in the cable breaking down causing temporary faults at the moment which will turn into a permanent fault eventually).
    Ok cheers mate i will check the sensor out to see if itís dirty or not, hopefully it is just the case of cleaning it up, what got me was installing that bloody diagbox on a windows 10 laptop with virtual box! what a bloody nightmare that was lol at least now itís sorted

+ Reply to Thread