+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Part number Request / what does it do?

Newbie N.L.Howell is on a distinguished road

Morning Trek,

Changed the blue sensor with one cable, idle problem remains but the car feels more powerful. Could be a mixture of number of different things being changed. I’m going to have a software reset hopefully this week to see if that make a difference.

Trek, I’m now up and running with Lexia (well learning as I go) I’ve reprogrammed the spare key that didn't work, I’ve run a global test and everything is fine, I’ve checked injectors, coil and other items under that section. Now the interesting part, I reset my throttle body and the engine was warm and idling correctly for 5/6 minutes in to my drive which it’s not done previously.
    It then reverted back to the engine hunt. What stats can I provide you from Lexia that may be of some use in identifying this problem
    Thanks

Newbie kipperfeet is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    code 2008

which lexia did you go for and can you give me a link to it. also how easy was it to programme the key.

Newbie kipperfeet is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    code 2008

have you tried the maf sensor and also the crank sensor .

I ended up going for one from Amazon, paid a little more to get it next day with my prime, also my thinking was if it didn’t work I would send it back.

Lexia3 PP2000 Lexia 3 Citroen Peugeot OBD Auto car Diagnostic Scanner tool OBD2 interface -HR-Toolģ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0765TYP..._aoWKAbASVT97K

I installed software i had already downloaded as I bought a netbook from eBay with windows starter. I only installed diagbox 7.57 as I didn’t see the benefit of doing 6 more up dates for a 2004 model.

The key programming was extremely easy once I had worked my way around.

I’ve not tried the crank sensor but would have expected that to kick out some sort of error and the car also drives ok. I do Have a crank sensor that I bought and didn’t put on.

Just to add I had they 4 digit code to access the BSI. This is needed to program the key.

Morning,

Itís been some time since I last posted.

Still living with my annoying idle problem. Car flew through MOT itís just bizarre

Just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions or recommendations to bring to the table. A good friend works for the AA and hooked it up and has a play and checked earth ect.

The strangest thing is the car is fine ater a throttle reset with lexia. Will sit and idle on the drive, as soon as your drive off Aand stop at lights it remember the bad idle or something sends a mixed signal.

When reading Iíve seen posts regarding hydraulic tappets but that would be an expensive gamble and doesnít reflect a perfecct idle after reset (well I donít think anyway)

Thanks for looking

Nath

PS @trek you fancy a welsh visitor ?

As trek said check the timing as you had timing belt work done (dont trust the garage to get it right, mine was 2 teeth off after similar work). Really easy to do:
    Take top cambelt cover off
    Take no 6 allen key or similar torx (L shaped)
    Find small opening behind oil filter with short end of allen key and keep pressure towards gearbox end
    Start totating engine clockwise via crank pulley slowly. Suddenly the allen key will slip into the hole on the flywheel and the allen key will move a few mm towards the gearbox and the engine will not rotate anymore.

You have now locked the flywheel
    Now check the camshaft timing holes align using a 10mm bolt or similar allen key/ drill bit etc

If all align then timing is right

Note that at least on the 1.4 engine the flywheel locks in 2 places and the correct one at least in the 1.4 engine is when the stamp on the crank is pointing down.

Thanks for the reply, the car did go back into the garage. Family garage and the timing was rechecked. If the timing was out wouldn’t it be always affected? What were your vehicle symptoms with it being two out? No harm in me checking. Thank you for the instructions.

The idle issue is only once the car is warm after a cold start or if it’s been a hot day then it occurs from the offset.

I can’t help but think it’s an electical issue of some sort especially as it’s fine after a reset.

Edit: the flywheel only locks in one place but on the 1.4 the camshaft is aligned every other turn of the crank.

My car was idling rough

Thanks again, it’s the most frustrating thing ever. Lovely little car with £60k on the clock.

Making it my mission to find the problem.

+ Reply to Thread