+ Reply to Thread

Thread: c2 vtr semi auto probs pulling my hairout

Default c2 vtr semi auto probs pulling my hairout

right brought myself a c2 vtr semi auto the guy told me that it had had : new actuator and clutch.the clutch was slipping had warped discs and bad ball joints ect but the car was mint done 69000 miles 04 plate with personal vtr plate.. i paid a measly 150 for it got it home thinking i was clever done the brakes ball joints and replaced the clutch the clutch and actuator was new like the seller said i replaced these again anyway.clutch still slipping..so i then took it to be pluged in to lexia and it kicked up a few codes listed below..can anyone enlighten me to what my problems actually are whilst having it plugged in i tryd to have the actuator and gearbox reset it just kept kicking lexia out

can anyone tell me what these codes are please and any possible fix.its a citroen c2 vtr ..my gearbox ecu is being rebuilt at the min and i need to get the rest of the problems sorted in the mean time

p1702 :

p1743 :

p1755 :

u1213 :

p0560 :

Member Regular Poster wurlycorner is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    By Loeb

Hi

If you have a proper Lexia tool, you should be getting descriptions of the fault, rather than just code numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by blue c2 View Post
    right brought myself a c2 vtr semi auto the guy told me that it had had : new actuator and clutch.the clutch was slipping had warped discs and bad ball joints ect but the car was mint done 69000 miles 04 plate with personal vtr plate.. i paid a measly 150 for it got it home thinking i was clever done the brakes ball joints and replaced the clutch the clutch and actuator was new like the seller said i replaced these again anyway.clutch still slipping..so i then took it to be pluged in to lexia and it kicked up a few codes listed below..can anyone enlighten me to what my problems actually are whilst having it plugged in i tryd to have the actuator and gearbox reset it just kept kicking lexia out

can anyone tell me what these codes are please and any possible fix.its a citroen c2 vtr ..my gearbox ecu is being rebuilt at the min and i need to get the rest of the problems sorted in the mean time

p1702 :

p1743 :

p1755 :

u1213 :

p0560 :
    Hi I am going through similar Sensodrive pain.

The codes need to be treated with logic as one fault can kick up several others
    That said just google the codes along with Lexia as the numbers sometimes correspond to standard OBD2 codes and can be misleading..
    But that said I'm still deep in the learning curve with a plethora of issues but my nature is to fix things rather than to bail. But oh boy is my
    patience being tested.
    Hang in there

FWIW
    P1702 Permanent fault ECU power latch
    P1743 generic fuel system /mixture
    P1755 clutch actuator position unknown
    U1213 CAN bus data ECU/ESP communication fault
    P0560 system voltage issue..

Very similar to my laundry list of fault codes

well i opend the cu to take a look and boom found this blown resistor.. i have repaird it for 6 pounds i just nee lexia now to reset it im not insured on it no more so cant drive from my village into town can anyone recomend the best one to go for from fleabay

Last edited by blue c2; 23-01-2018 at 12:41 PM.

2c2ornot2c2 if you find you need any resistors let me no as i have a few spare i can post for you

C2 Addict Advanced Poster ozVTR is on a distinguished road ozVTR's Avatar

That looks like a shunt resistor. They are used to monitor current and are in series with the load in this case I'd say it's the ECU itself. P1702 Permanent fault ECU power latch, P1755 clutch actuator position unknown, U1213 CAN bus data ECU/ESP communication fault will probable be related to the fact that the gearbox ECU is not getting power and consequently not working.
    Blue C2, do you have any specs on the resistor or can you tell me what's written on it?

Full Member i lunn is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    1.4 HDI VTR SENSODRIVE + Insignia + GLA + Grand Modus

you have not said where you live you might find some one local with lexia

double post sorry
    Last edited by blue c2; 24-01-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozVTR View Post
    That looks like a shunt resistor. They are used to monitor current and are in series with the load in this case I'd say it's the ECU itself. P1702 Permanent fault ECU power latch, P1755 clutch actuator position unknown, U1213 CAN bus data ECU/ESP communication fault will probable be related to the fact that the gearbox ECU is not getting power and consequently not working.
    Blue C2, do you have any specs on the resistor or can you tell me what's written on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by i lunn View Post
    you have not said where you live you might find some one local with lexia
    sorry live in sileby Leicester le127px the resistor is was a..dale wsr-2 0.01ohm 1% 11726ag https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vishay-Dale...941?rmvSB=true but i was advised to go to a wsr-3 0.01ohm 1% 11726ag as it would be a bit stronger for the aplication wether hat was ru or not i dont no i jus brought it and fitted it lol i really apriciate the help thanks

the car just before i brought it had a new actuator fitted so if the actuator had blown or gone dojy as it has a new one fitted.. that could have caused some sort of over load in the ecu and blown the resistor
    Last edited by blue c2; 24-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Full Member i lunn is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    1.4 HDI VTR SENSODRIVE + Insignia + GLA + Grand Modus

Leicester bit to far i,m afraid. think about 50 should get lexia but you will need old laptop as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blue c2 View Post
    the car just before i brought it had a new actuator fitted so if the actuator had blown or gone dojy as it has a new one fitted.. that could have caused some sort of over load in the ecu and blown the resistor
    I would guess the actuator was not fitted correctly and stalled, drawing an over current and blowing the resistor. Did you check if the resistor was still functional? Seems a bit stupid to have a "current sensing resistor" and ignore sensing the current? LOL! I'm a technician and don't think much of engineers. :-)

As far as the resistor value goes, they have just recommended a 3 watt resistor to replace the 2 watt resistor. BTW your EBay link points to a 0.02 ohm resistor instead of a 0.01 ohm. Which one did you buy?
    Last edited by ozVTR; 24-01-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozVTR View Post
    I would guess the actuator was not fitted correctly and stalled, drawing an over current and blowing the resistor. Did you check if the resistor was still functional? Seems a bit stupid to have a "current sensing resistor" and ignore sensing the current? LOL! I'm a technician and don't think much of engineers. :-)

As far as the resistor value goes, they have just recommended a 3 watt resistor to replace the 2 watt resistor. BTW your EBay link points to a 0.02 ohm resistor instead of a 0.01 ohm. Which one did you buy?
    ebay link was for an example they were quite hard to find before i did get the 0.01
    just need lexia now to try and reset it all

well gopt myself lexia but i cant work out how to reset the gearbox and actuator.. ive tryd everything it connects but i cant find no option apart from update the ecu but it then tells me its up to date

well my ecu resistor fix worked it let me reset all codes gearbox and actuator.. i drove the car it didn't slip first or second gear change but did after pluged it back in and i have a gearbox speed sensor fault..this must be whats causing my clutch to slip between gears as the engine cant read the correct speed to engage the clutch at the right pressure hence the slip between gears
    Last edited by blue c2; 01-02-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Modern cars are nearly impossible to maintain without a scan tool.
    Good work so far.
    Please keep us informed of your progress.

+ Reply to Thread