+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Citroen C2 S1600 Rally Car

Default Citroen C2 S1600 Rally Car

Hello all

Just joined the group and thought i would share some pics of my new C2 S1600 rally car.
    The car started life as a C2 VTS and has been modified by Colin Satchell Engineering. The engine has been lowered and moved to a more central position.
    The drive shafts are custom built as are the bottom arms and the rear suspension has been modified and the car has been widened all round. It has a BE 4 gear box with Colin Satchell short shift kit.
    CBR 1000 Throttle bodies and an omex ecu so i am hoping that it will be around 180 bhp. Not loads but enough for me for. My previous C2 was all standard and about 115 bhp so i should feel the difference here.

Sadly the MSA have told me that I am not able to use the rear spoiler as its not a genuine product, so i will probably put it up for sale.
    I am however looking for a genuine spoiler so if anyone knows of the correct model please could you let me know.

Thanks for looking

c2 s1600 1.jpgc2 s1600 2.jpg

Looks nice and you choose a very good company to put it all together. enjoy!

Newbie wurlycorner is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    By Loeb

That looks pretty mean!

Newbie TallDave is on a distinguished road TallDave's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT

Quote Originally Posted by cpenney View Post
    Sadly the MSA have told me that I am not able to use the rear spoiler as its not a genuine product, so i will probably put it up for sale.
    I am however looking for a genuine spoiler so if anyone knows of the correct model please could you let me know.

Thanks for looking

Attachment 18410Attachment 18411
    Sadly the MSA haven't heard the term "if it looks like a duck and quaks like a duck, in all probability its a duck!", rather it seems they need the part to be made by Citroen Sport (or is it Boutique Citroen Racing?) and carry the appropriate markings...
    If that criteria were to be applied to all rally cars there wouldn't be many left to go rallying...

The Boutique Citroen Racing website lists part reference 3R5M60337A as the appropriate spoiler, which from the diagram looks just like yours...

Link is as follows http://boutique.citroenracing.com/do...id_rubrique=74 schroll down until you spot 'K9A Bodyshell' and that contains the reference.

If by any chance you feel so inclined, I for one would be interested in seeing some pictures of the front and rear suspension setups, as well as the underbonnet layout. I'm always eager to blag some ideas off other peoples cars.

What are you plans for competing, you never know our paths may cross at some point, mind you with over 50 bhp more than me I'm only ever going to be watching your rear bumper disappearing into the distance...
    My other rally car is a Nova (upside down on a spit...)!

+ Reply to Thread