+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sensodrive madness

Default Sensodrive madness

Long story short
    05 vtr sensodrive acting up
    Drove car in manual to Citroen for scan
    Came back as actuator issue permanent fault
    Citroen updated the transmission software.
    Now car will not start. Starting was Not ever a problem prior to visit to Citroen
    Car will not go through transmission reconfig cycle.
    Towed home
    Bought known good low kilometre actuator.
    Fitted replacement actuator
    Still will not start.
    Seems that since software update the car is fundamentally dead..
    I've checked most nearly internet entry including the C2 club ultimate sensodrive
    Any thoughts..?
    Thanks

Newbie 2mario2 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    1.6 16v VTS

Just take the car back to Citroen and let them fix it. Should have left the car at Citroen so they can repair it cause its their fault obviously if the car doesnt start after they done some updates on it

Citroen claimed that the upgraded software was now not permitting car to start with faulty actuator.
    Implying !ower tolerances in the new software to component failure..
    The only way forward with them was proceding with them performing the replacement actuator
    If they had replaced the actuator and harness for $2500 as they suggested, car still would not have started

All they would do is create a longer shopping list of repairs required. They were clueless
    They had good cop bad cop type of arrangement there in the service dept.
    Like I said long story short. Lots of details in between
    But it may be worth a try to rattle the general managers cage with a lenghty email and threats to spread the story internet wide..

I guess what I was asking is that is it possible that fresh software could disable the whole car? Has it been known to happen.
    Can an update if incorrectly handled spike he the computer. Also where does the transmission reset procedure code live? Is it in the BSI or the transmission
    Computer? Because car is also stuck in Eco more. Maybe it considers the transmission reset an expendible process...�� Ironic as the Eco more is meant to ensure
    Car will start. Might try a hard wire start and see what happens
    Last edited by 2c2ornot2c2; 05-12-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Citroen claimed that the upgraded software was now not permitting car to start with faulty actuator.
    Implying !ower tolerances in the new software to component failure..
    The only way forward with them was proceding with them performing the replacement actuator
    If they had replaced the actuator and harness for $2500 as they suggested, car still would not have started

All they would do is create a longer shopping list of repairs required. They were clueless
    They had good cop bad cop type of arrangement there in the service dept.
    Like I said long story short. Lots of details in between
    But it may be worth a try to rattle the general managers cage with a lenghty email and threats to spread the story internet wide..

Default Try this

When the software update is performed the car needs to be on a battery charger as the actuators move througout the procedure and eat up all the power. If at some point the battery does not have enough power the procedure stops and you have a non- starter.

So:
    Charge your battery to full (or get new battery)
    It is imperative that the car is on a charger for the update
    Do thupdate using lexia and follow the instructions

You should have a working car after this if there is no other problem

When i did my software update my charger was not set to its maximum and the procedure failed and the car would not start

C2 Addict Advanced Poster ozVTR is on a distinguished road ozVTR's Avatar

Did you reset and install the actuator in accordance with this site? http://jimbutterworth.co.uk/5clutchactuator.htm

Do you think using the lexia/pp2000 to learn the clutch position (as per Jim Butterworth) would work given the current situation
    Does the Lexia have options for initiating a clutch/transmission reset, as well as an option to get the car out of that dammed stoopid Eco Mode??

Where's that pulling out hair emoticon..??

Dang it..wrote a longer reply additional to above.. "needed moderator approval" .. is this normal?

Ah HA!! Found a copy of my first reply post.....

Im fairly certain that the dealer did NOT have the car on the charger whilst upgrading the software. Hence it going into ECo mode,
    and then them getting the charger from somewhere else when I suggested a recharge. They also didn't say words to
    the effect of "thats strange that the battery needs a charge cos we had it connected during the update", which they
    would have had said had the charger been on during the process.

Yes I tried the Jimbutterworth method. Nothing happened.. Thought it needed to be out of Eco mode maybe to allow transmission reset
    to occur...Clutching at straws..(bad pun I know!!)

I even tried to hot wire the starter, with a wire straight from the starter solenoid to the positive battery terminal. Not a sausage..
    Tested the started solenoid for continuity and was fine..no open circuit.. !!!%#%$@$@

Summary:
    It wont start (I think) because the ECU doesn't know where the actuator is.. ( "-" showing on dash)
    It needs to do the reset to make the ECU happy (I think)..
    The system has gone into Eco mode
    Needs car to start to get it out of Eco mode
    Cant seem to even hot wire the starter.
    Reset process may be programmed in the BSI which is in Eco mode..

Wash, rinse and repeat...

Looking to get a lexia, but first need an old windows laptop (XP 32 bit I believe)

When I get the lexia, where do i get the software updates? I guess one prevents the lexia from wanting
    to communicate with PSA or are non official Lexias not policed?..so where do the updates live otherwise?

It'd be a crying shame to have to part this car out if I can't get this solved..

Thanks for input so far guys.
    I really appreciate it as now I'm flying blind

Just reading http://www.c2club.co.uk/showthread.p...Citroen-c2-vtr by Trek from a couple of years back

Similar problems to me..

Treks fix seemed to be swapping out an identical transmission ECU as the original ECU blew as a cascading fault from the actuator fault failure.
    Would a dead ECU show up on a lexia scan? silly question yes...
    Also in my situation, I suspect that the Citroen dealer new that the ECU had died but weren't sure if they had blown it when updating the software, hence their reluctance to
    rescan it!!! AND their not charging for the software update..
    Anyway all just more guessing

+ Reply to Thread