+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My C2 VTS

wow, i think that's a first... bit of 90's style part, but i like it, maybe because it's black. one of my favourite cars here
    ***7x17 Wolfrace Hustle***windows tinted***Pipercross Viper***Remus rear silencer***custom rear lights***Eibach -50mm springs
    http://www.c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?306-My-baby...-**progress-update**/page1

You plan on turboing that thing? You better start spending money on drugs, like all the normal kids

any info on the cams themselves? how is the car going, is it "faster"? how are you statisfied with it? what is the mileage?
    ***7x17 Wolfrace Hustle***windows tinted***Pipercross Viper***Remus rear silencer***custom rear lights***Eibach -50mm springs

You plan on turboing that thing? You better start spending money on drugs, like all the normal kids

Member Regular Poster wurlycorner is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    By Loeb

I think the wheels look great on this - make the car look really 'stocky' and purposeful.
    Where did you get the replacement headlight units please and did you do a thread on fitting them etc?
    Would be interested to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirian View Post
    any info on the cams themselves? how is the car going, is it "faster"? how are you statisfied with it? what is the mileage?
    Oh yeah! ! It finally feels like the car I paid for, but that's because almost all of it is brand new Citroen parts (honestly cheaper to buy OEM then EuroCarparts or Motordoctor). I thought it may be helpful to list my thoughts on each stage of my build below:

Setup 1:

Stock

Much faster than I expected for a 1.6 and handled great around Stockholm. On a full tank cross country highway I was getting 600KM per tank. And I was able to lap the Nurburgring in 11:02

Setup 2:

ECU remap, Full decat exhaust, K&N Air Filter.

Much, much more low end torque and the ability to steer with the engine in corners. On a full tank X-country I was getting 550KM. And I was able to lap the Nurburgring in 10:06

Setup 3:

Catcams with ECU remap to match, Full decat exhaust, K&N Air Filter (and hopefully better air intake).

Go over 4500 and Boom! It feels like a different car, I didn't want a pop and bang map but as a result of the cams every time you lift over 4.5K it sound so nice! The best part is I currently sit in a total of 2.5 hours of traffic every day in London and it never hunts it's happy to crawl through the city without any issues. Unfortunately extra urban only gets me 25MPG and I will do a X-country tomorrow and let you know, but based on my trip to Geneve last week it may only get .400KM per tank. Most importantly, I want a less than 10 minute lap time at the ring, but it all depends on the traffic on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by wurlycorner View Post
    I think the wheels look great on this - make the car look really 'stocky' and purposeful.
    Where did you get the replacement headlight units please and did you do a thread on fitting them etc?
    Would be interested to see that.

Which set? The 15's or 17's, I'm not sure which I like the best!

I got my headlights form https://www.madmotors.co.uk/e-racing...ngel-eyes.html, they cost 159 and they make such a difference as the OEM headlights are terrible They come with bulbs however they are halogen and the LED strip sidelight replacements are around 5600 Kelvin so when mixed they don't look very good. Now the manufacture clearly state not to put HID's in as they will melt the projectors, you may have noticed some modified cars have a terrible projection beam which is due to the HID's melting the projectors. I however have gone for a LED cluster H1 bulb's which are fantastic and do not melt the projector, they are also 5600 K and make the car look so much more sophisticated, much like, in fact better than, the Clio's from this age which came with Xenons as standard.

Fitting is quite simple, remove the headlights and replace however the sidelights require a canbus resistor and so do the indicators if you wish to change them to LED's to match. Fitting the Canbus LED H1 main lamp is quite simple however it requires a slight modification of the retaining clip. I went through several Amazon special H1 replacement bulbs to find the set I like, be warned there are allot of very cheap knock off bulbs which don't fit and break easily, but amazon being amazon, I got my money back. If you or anyone else are genuinely interested in this modification then I will trawl through my receipts and provide a link to the correct resistors as well as the best bulbs.
    Last edited by Bash; 08-04-2018 at 10:45 PM.

This will look better when I put the trim in and take some better photos but for now if anyone want's a cage Megillian Motorsport will sell you a cage which you can bolt in (after welding in the base plates), and they ship to Europe.

Well I decided on speed holes and a cage.

The vents are Renault Megane Mk3 bonnet vents, I love doing stuff to this car as I was able to get the bonnet for free. I don't know many other cars where parts are so easy to come by and if you make a mistake it doesn't matter too much.

The cage is from https://www.facebook.com/MegillianMotorsport/ and is a MSA spec bolt in cage which are built to order and would cost you 480 + 50 (uk) shipping if your interested in one. Anyway enjoy:

Thanks for reading, it's been a pleasure working on this car.

Bash

tbh you kinda let me down with the cutouts for the rollbar in the side plastics, was expecting a better job from you, rest of the car is spot-on... like the hood vents, i also have a spare hood that's just begging to be cut and redone, probs a future project. with the rollbar in, car looks epic, very sporty, really spot-on....

Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Ha ha, thanks buddy! I have already ordered a new set of door cards which are black and will replace the ugly orange cards. Parts for this car are very cheap so there is no harm in making a mistake, I needed to put the cards in for the show I attended so I cut them quickly and didn't remove the cage, now I know the exact amount I need to cut away it will be easier to do in one go rather then un-bolting and re-bolting the cage sevral times.

+ Reply to Thread