+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ibiza FR

Full Member McG360 is on a distinguished road McG360's Avatar
    C2 Model
    VTR

Default Ibiza FR

Just handed over the C2 and picked up a new Ibiza FR 1.2TSI 110. Sad to see the C2 go but glad to have a little more space and some mod-cons.
    Attached Images
    Ex C2 Owner | C2 VTR 1.4 8v Manual | Artic Steel | ZunSport Lower Mesh Grille | Clarion Headunit + Speakers + Tweeters | Richbrook Dust Caps | Bosch Aerotwin Wipers | Team Heko Wind Deflectors | Armster Armrest | Club Stickers

Full Member failhappy is on a distinguished road failhappy's Avatar
    C2 Model
    1.6 VTS

How does this compare to driving the c2? I have a massive crush on these cars but can't justify the money every month

Full Member McG360 is on a distinguished road McG360's Avatar
    C2 Model
    VTR

Quote Originally Posted by failhappy View Post
    How does this compare to driving the c2? I have a massive crush on these cars but can't justify the money every month
    I only check-in on here once in a while so didn't see your question until now... The C2 was my first car so I don't have much basis for comparison but I couldn't be any happier with the Ibiza. The FR suspension is a little stiff over speed bumps and pot holes but it pays off in the corners. I'm a conservative driver anyway but the Ibiza gives confidence. The steering is light at low speeds but weights-up very nicely at pace. I always felt like I was about to stall the C2, even after 4 years, but the Ibiza is a breeze to drive (I'm quite tall so it was probably down to long legs and that high clutch bite in the C2). It's only 110hp but it's noticeable coming from 73hp in the C2. The turbo on the little 1.2 works well and the car always seems eager. Makes me wonder what 125hp in the VTS is like? If I had the room I'd have a VTS/Code on the side! I was originally after a DS3 but there were feck-all decent spec petrol ones over here in Ireland and a new DS3 over here is pricey and trim levels aren't as generous as in the UK. Everything is an optional extra!
    Ex C2 Owner | C2 VTR 1.4 8v Manual | Artic Steel | ZunSport Lower Mesh Grille | Clarion Headunit + Speakers + Tweeters | Richbrook Dust Caps | Bosch Aerotwin Wipers | Team Heko Wind Deflectors | Armster Armrest | Club Stickers

Full Member failhappy is on a distinguished road failhappy's Avatar
    C2 Model
    1.6 VTS

The VTS is all go but you need to rev it to 4k and above to feel any of it, before then it's slower than my gf's micra haha

+ Reply to Thread