+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C2 Vts 1.6 Hdi first impressions

Default C2 Vts 1.6 Hdi first impressions

Now in process of getting sorted
    I have heater plugs , water pump, front damper pulley and timing belt to do and also found a few more issues once parts removed
    The air filter mounts had been snapped off inlet manifold( replacement sourced) also vacuum pipe for turbo had been nipped between engine and box when clutch done last time
    One injector had been "chuffing" so full set is getting new seals etc, aux tensioner pulley was noisy and belt in poor condition
    Needless to say I have a pile of bits accumulating , waiting on couple of parts from abroad and bits and bobs from the dealer coming in
    Last edited by Trek; 16-07-2015 at 10:55 AM.

So had a day sorting out the engine on Hdi
    , 4 new genuine heater plugs fitted(£5 each lol), Sump off and cleaned , had all the oil way bungs out and cleaned the galleries , using compressed air and cleaner , replaced oil pick up pipe(£16) ( genuine part)and fitted a new genuine oil pump (£72 inc delivery)replaced the water pump(Oem spec £26) as well
    New gates timing belt kit(£56) complete with. a new crank damper(£26) as they fail spectacularly ( requiring a new engine)
    Parts haven't been too badly priced most are genuine dealer and rest are Oem replacements
    Work will probably continue tomorrow as have replacement inlet manifold and the injectors to refit ( new genuine seals for rocker cover(£6), inlet manifold(£20) and genuine seals/washers for injectors£32 )I borrowed proper tools to decarbonise the injector sleeves and seats ( main culprit was no 1 )
    I have cleaned the oil filter assembly and a new oil cooler is now fitted along with the turbo feeds and return are sat here to finish the job off
    Dpf filter is sorted , and an egr blanking plate(£2.99) is sat here to go in , once finished Ecu will go away for a remap to remove dpf and egr from the engine map
    I guessed the car had problems by the price reduction and also by some of the fault logs from the past , ( I could have broken the car and recovered more than I paid )but chose to sort it out , when finished it will be spot on with all its issues sorted and I haven't spent a fortune doing it
    Still will leave me with a reasonably decent profit when sold and a decent sorted car
    Last edited by Trek; 17-07-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Full Member 666typhus666 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    1.6 GT

nice mate and what sort of price will you be looking at when its fully operational/complete?

Quote Originally Posted by 666typhus666 View Post
    nice mate and what sort of price will you be looking at when its fully operational/complete?
    Not sure yet , once sorted then I will know better

Full Member 666typhus666 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    1.6 GT

ok awesome love the. colour as well

Now all back in and running nice and sweet New hoses for the turbo system Couple of jobs left to and track down a drivers arch liner

Last edited by Trek; 16-07-2015 at 10:51 AM.

All back together and road tested , clutch is a bit harsher but not slipping , Engine ecu sent away to be sorted(was going to get done locally, but been online and did a search and there`s been a few complaints posted regards the firm.... so sent ecu away to be done by someone who knows his modern diesels...(hdi-tuning.co.uk)
    Last edited by Trek; 09-07-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Ok the High speed Diesel Interceptor is back together and sorted ( refitted ecu today)
    Now running a dpf and egr delete done correctly and engine ecu has been away to be reconfigured as well

Full Member i lunn is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    1.4 HDI VTR SENSODRIVE + Insignia + GLA + Grand Modus

Quote Originally Posted by Trek View Post
    Ok the High speed Diesel Interceptor is back together and sorted ( refitted ecu today)
    Now running a dpf and egr delete done correctly and engine ecu has been away to be reconfigured as well
    How's the Hdi faring up these's days?

Still got it , daft not to with price of diesel
    Last edited by Trek; 12-09-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Full Member i lunn is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    1.4 HDI VTR SENSODRIVE + Insignia + GLA + Grand Modus

I'v heard council are changing the name of yoru street. tis to become "C2 street".

Quote Originally Posted by i lunn View Post
    I'v heard council are changing the name of yoru street. tis to become "C2 street".

hi ,loving the vts hdi,I've just bought a 1.4 hdi sx,was after some info on changing the clutch ,sounds like you know your c2's ,does the sub frame need to be removed?

no. 1.4 hdi is same as as a standard petrol as far as I,m aware(ma gearbox ) easy to do

Thanks for the reply,what kinda time should it take to change the clutch..

Couple hours , all c2 clutches are high and light by the way

Full Member Micc2k is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    Petrol VTS

*Bump* Would be interested to know what happened to this car. SORN'd and last MOT expired June 2017!

I broke if for parts , gone to the big Citroen heaven

+ Reply to Thread