+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 106 - Rallycar Build

Default 106 - Rallycar Build

Hi All,
    Im a long time member on here so thought id keep you updated with some new progress - rallycar purchase !!! Ill post progress of the changes before im on the stages as well as pictures and results from the rally.

I have been brought up in a rallying family with my dad racing since he was 14 and continues to rally now, so after a play with drifting my e36 i decided to bite the bullet and get rallying. So after passing my BARS test i have been on the look out and finally got a car.

Car Spec - 106 Rallye S1 rear end S2 front end simply to keep costs down for wings headlights etc i know the purists here wont like it but heyy ho
    1300 standard enging
    5 speed Dog Box
    Gripper Diff
    All MSA log booked and ready to race
    Sparco seats and Sabelt belts dates until 2019
    Plumbed in extinguiser
    Isolated ignition
    Full 2 inch exhaust system
    Peugot racing rear daper - bilstien front dampers
    hydrolic handbrake
    plus loads of other bits and pieces.

I got the car from the isle of man and just had it mot'd so going through uk registration currently ...joys of paperwork !!

Here are some pics of my dads car - over 500lbs of torque monster !!!

I am going to race the 1300 in the 1400 class to get usaed to the car how it handles and to sort any issues out with the car i discover and then i am going to build up a 200bhp plus 1.6 na engine. The power is easy to get we made a 255 bhp na k series engine but found over 220 more issues arrise so should be alot more manageable to maintain and keep revs no higher than 10k - the mg revved to 11.5k !!

My Car after 1 day of cleaning the thing !!

before clean

after clean

Ive got loads im going to change before first outing but its already msa log booked etc which is very handy but gonig to move things like the fuel filter looks a bad idea to be on top of the rocker cover if there ever was a small leak etc !!!

The challenge as always is money these beats eat it so wont be on the stages with my car until august / septmeber time as i need to do a few bits to the car. rebuild struts / back axel rebuild then its fresh / need to buy a trailor as cant always relay on other people and need a cheap tow daily. currently push biking it ... becauseracecar haha !!

Any thoughts welcome !!
    ...............1.1 SX to C2 GT to BMW Drift-r..............

Full Member m8rky is on a distinguished road m8rky's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Code & VTS

Looking good but what the hell were they thinking with the fuel filter and hoses.

I know i saw it and *palm face* going to put it alot further back in the bay

Thats only a small job got loads more to sort out too haha !!

Full Member ashturnergt is on a distinguished road ashturnergt's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Vts

Looks promising Dan, as you say no need to rev to 10k the best na TU engine out there that make 220+boho build by Sandy Brown make peak power under 9k so anything else is just stress on the engine.

Look forward to seeing progress, make sure you finish this project though!
    Red C2 Vts, GR Performance Serious Turbo build- Underway

Black C2 Vts HDI daily runabout

Black GT #705 V6-SOLD

Hahahaha ive been saving for a while and to get on the stages doesnt need too much but my onsession for lightness is going farrr haha

Worked on the car yesterday and a bit this afternoon after running some errons, tidied up all the wiring around the steering column. Also got rid of some old woring and making things lighter !!! Cannot wait to be on the stages !!

Also made some lightweight mirrors and got loads of shyteee off the car like wiring that wasnt connected to anything etc. got alot of brackets etc to all take off. My aim is to make the car as light as i can. And myself too !!!

Started sorting some smaller parts wile the cars at home to tody the look up it had rusty blue bonnet pins these have now been swapped only a small job but looks alot tidier

Before

After

Lite Member NickcmC2 is on a distinguished road NickcmC2's Avatar
    C2 Model
    152.9bhp 1.6 Code, VW Passat Sport

love the whole striped out rally look. just you and the car. lovely!
    instagram - nickmoreton_
    Wicked Red C2 - 2013-2014 (Sold to club member)
    152.9BHP Iron Grey C2 Code - 2014-2015 - progress thread http://www.c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?30580-Progress-thread-for-nixcode&highlight=NIXCODE

No electrics or anything holding you back looking forward to the first test day then out on the stages !!!

Sooooo bought these today ... Going to give me a little bit of work painting them !! Will keep me nice and quiet plus sanding is free haha

Full Member P4cman is on a distinguished road P4cman's Avatar
    C2 Model
    07 VTS

Hi, good luck to you. It all sounds very exciting.

Thank you pal !! Im loke a kid for xmas hahaha !!!!

I have spent a while this weekend making it so i can actually get all 6 foot 5 of me in the car hahaha !!
    Put some new bracket on and the sest is perfect for me now and i am straight to the pedels the older beackets made you sit horrible

. Ive got lots and lits to tidy up inside the car before i respray the interior of the car got loads more brackets to take off and loads to tidy up aswell !!

Arial out too and all bunged up

Got lots and lots to do but feel like over a big milestone now i can sit in the thing hahaha !!

Little jobs always take so much time but worth doing!!
    Good progress!

Thank you pal, yeah you are right mate !!! Got some major jobs i need to do soon too, new gearlinkage for the dogbox, need to send the struts to bilstien for a rebuild, need to rebuild the back axel !!!
    As well as tidy lots up and move things around !!

Mssive news for me the car is now fully UK registered. Bit of a palava getting it registed but well worth the money ive saved !!!

Had to mot, insure it send it off with a big form and money to tax it. There were some impossible questions did best i could and that was okay haha.
    So the new plate will beade up saturday so she can be driven to my unit then L37 RWA and that was the plate it was on before leaving England in 1999. Another stepping stone to getting her on the stages !!

Nice to have the original reg back on it

Yeah also relieved it dodnt have to go for a vehicle check as thats a paim with a day off work etc etc

The rebuild has now officially begun !!! Got my car in my unit now and been working on her today. Drove her there now she is registered and the gearlinkage is shot sump gaurds off and that is getting swapped !!

Car in the unit all tucked up

Trial fitted my new wheels

Been busy !!!!

A very good mate of mine does hydro dipping and has started with my badge i love it !! Hes going to help make her look smart haha !!

Got loads of work to do but ill get there !!
    Rear beam to rebuild
    Send front struts to bilstein for a rebuild
    Gearlinkage to change

Few other bits but nothing major all part of the fun cant wait to be on the stages !!! !!

Full Member ashturnergt is on a distinguished road ashturnergt's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Vts

Get a satchshift on there!
    Red C2 Vts, GR Performance Serious Turbo build- Underway

Black C2 Vts HDI daily runabout

Black GT #705 V6-SOLD

Nahhhh mate, not a massive fan of them they can be a pain each to there own. May not have a choice in a while but. AB Motorsport do a rose joined kit and suposed to be awesome so going to give that a go. They are very very well respected in the rallying world and know for this product so its a must haha

Ab are top guys, I think their linkages need you to dill the old ball sockets off, I think kam racing or baker bushes and mountings do an easier kit and very good!

Full Member Wiltec17 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    Vts

Very cool little car! To me a car built for a purpose always looks good the scooby looks like a weapon too. We had a s1 rallye in at work the other day that looked like it needed a new loving owner but they weren't keen on parting with it shame as I would have loved one.

Thank you mate !! I love it and cannot wait to be rallying now dont like all this waiting haha but got loads more work to do !!!

+ Reply to Thread