+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: sevenfourates Loeb #337

Lite Member sevenfourate is on a distinguished road sevenfourate's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bash View Post
    You need to ensure that what ever intake you design has a direct outside air intake as the engine bay does not allow for any airflow. I found this on a dyno run where we witnessed 6bhp difference between the bonnet down and bonnet up using a K&N 57i.

You can go for a extended rear spoiler which does look nice but it doesn't utilize the oem mounting holes and you have to stick it on: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wing-spoi...AAAOSwPc9WujVb

As far as stripping and/or track prep, there is no reason why you can't go for both. The car is pretty light as it stands so removing the back seats and adding a roll cage, sound deadening and speakers wont increase the weight too much.

Thanks buddy. Yes i've extensive knowledge of a Clio 200 system (That's supposed to be excellent as standard) and how hard it is to improve upon. Whacking an induction kit in a warm engine bay isn't the answer however much it might sound (sic) like it.

Many going for outright performance use the airbox from a V6. However i bought various aluminium pipe sections, silicon couplers etc and routed one of the two incoming air feeds (One already picked up from from the front of the car - the other was coupled to an acoustic valve that sat INSIDE the engine bay and only opens up above 5k as standard) down behind the headlight to the front of the car; and coupled with removal of the acoustic valve provided much better / cooler intake flow throughout the rev range. With some messing around with the 'design' when having a mapping session for other stuff; 48 dyno runs confirmed this !

Cheers for advice on stripping. Pardon the pun; but in Clio World they call yours the GT / Club-racer look. And very nice it is too :-)
    Regards "Shuv" - (Ex) LOEB 337 and now GT No: 1965

Progress Thread: http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?21663-sevenfourates-Loeb-337

C2 Model
    GT

5.30am start for a 5 hour train journey with stops - and a 4 hour drive home later: day 1 of GT ownership begins.

Small 1.jpg

Car is generally exceptionally good for its age:

Small 2.jpg

Interior is immaculate apart from a few biscuit crumbs.......

Small 3.jpg

Under the hood is all there in essence - just dusty and ugly looking:

Small 4.jpg

And the biggest raft of paperwork to back up the originality / 51k you've ever seen. Every old MOT, original bill of sale, 11 stamps in the service book, 20 or 25 'service' receipts, Original key-card, parts invoices etc etc etc

small 5.jpg

Car drives and tracks well - but steering wheel is on the pi55; and the clutch has the highest bite-point i've ever known. I find it hard to believe it's going to last long.

Apart from that i thought the engine pulled exceptionally well on the way home, the brakes are crisp and sharp and it pulls up straight, steering is good, suspension felt solid with zero 'crashes' and the car starts great and has no dash-lights on.

All in all very pleased with this as a base to start on.....

Progress Thread: http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?21663-sevenfourates-Loeb-337

C2 Model
    GT

LUK clutch the 'best' for a GT staying near standard engine wise ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-L...oAAOSw3pVZ1zNV

C2 Model
    GT

Day 2 of ownership began with a near 8 hour session on the interior starting at 6am. I'm away on holiday tomorrow.....and at least wanted one area to my standards while pondering all things C2; laying on the beach......

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'd already bought some new mats as pictured: along with a stubby aerial.....

4.jpg

And a can of tyre foam which i've tie-wrapped under the passenger seat:

5.jpg

And i've ordered a new Aluminium gear-knob and a couple of remote fob repair kits from ebay.

Wheels need powder-coating desperately. I'm thinking of going Bronze. Anyone else done this on a red C2 ?

6.jpg

Hey buddy its pretty normal to have a very high clutch bite point with these cars. It surprises me every time I go form my other cars to this car but do some tests on yours to be sure especially if there you have no history of it being changed. The LUK clutch is the best non paddle clutch you can get for these cars however if you are changing it you may want to consider going for a lighter flywheel at the same time.

C2 Model
    GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bash View Post
    Hey buddy its pretty normal to have a very high clutch bite point with these cars. It surprises me every time I go form my other cars to this car but do some tests on yours to be sure especially if there you have no history of it being changed. The LUK clutch is the best non paddle clutch you can get for these cars however if you are changing it you may want to consider going for a lighter flywheel at the same time.
    Cheers Bash.

Soon as i'm back off hol - i'll look through the history and see if it's been done anytime.

With the hard'ish life the clutch might lead 'off-road' - i might just do it anyway. Sems an obvious weak-point to go wrong if i don't.

I know my Loeb was on 65k (?) perhaps when i sold it. And that hadn't been done; and didn't feel like this one.....

+ Reply to Thread