my progress thread check it out THANKS!

http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?1...794#post207794

Full Member Liam SX is on a distinguished road Liam SX's Avatar
    C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Quote Originally Posted by butcherish View Post
    Get a push catch so that it's all
    Hidden then just push on the box and pop open
    I did think about this, just dont know if i can have one on with the spring hinges i have already. Will have to see.

Anyway on another note i was planning on fitting my sideskirts tonight but its raining so that will no longer be happening in time for FCS unfortunately.
    Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

A few pictures from FCS today, didn't get many as my mate was designated photographer for the day:

Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

'Something' shat on my car yesterday:

I believe it was a pigeon that flew into me as i was doing 60 down a dual carriageway. Ive never seen so much crap come from one bird. must be the majority of its stomach and contents mixed in too.

Wiped the worst of it off when i got to work but some had managed to get forced behind the window and into the folds of the rubber. Took me a few hours to disassemble the door and clean it out today, cant say it was the most fun ive ever had.
    Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Also the boot builds coming allong nicely, pretty much finished now

See my build thread for more details: HERE
    Meet Cyrill the C2

hahahaaa at that pigeon shit, vile.

Lite Member spooner56 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    Throttle Bodied VTS

[QUOTE=Liam SX;247363]Just a small update,

went and bought some new mats today as my old ones kept catching on the pedals and it wa driving me nuts. got some molded ones from Citroen, should have been 68 + VAT but i ended up paying 50 still a bit much for mats but there great quality. fit perfectly in the foot wells, and have a rubber backing with spikes so they don't move. well happy with them.

Drivers Mat:

Rear mats, fit perfectly unlike the 'squares' i had before:

Underside of the mats, rubber spikes:

I have got these mats too mate, they are worth every penny!!!

that really made me laff !! it reminded me of Jurassic Park .... That is one big pile of shit !
    ...............1.1 SX to C2 GT to BMW Drift-r..............

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Not much has happened recently modification wise, but tidied up the boot build a little more. Basically kept loosing things down the gap and couldn't get it back out without playing chopsticks! Think it looks much better though. Also put the fans in the lid but there not in this pic as they were drying:

And went down to a VW show with my cousin last weekend. Found something even slower than my car! but a right laugh all the way there and back:

On the way home there was a nice sunset (im doing 70 its on the sat-nav ):

And tried out a little fish eye lens for the phone (bit of a let down tbh but maybe its just my camera skills):

Meet Cyrill the C2

Lite Member silverline--7 is on a distinguished road silverline--7's Avatar

looks so much better with the VT kit and the wheels set it off nicely sme blue VTS seats would make all the difference inside i reckon

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

A night pic taken at a little VDub meet along with my cousins camper:

Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Went out on the bike on the weekend, had 2 bikes on the car and 4 of us inside. just to give you an idea of how slow it was we couldnt crack 70 going downhill...

Meet Cyrill the C2

Full Member El Cap is on a distinguished road El Cap's Avatar
    C2 Model
    1.6 VTS

Hmm, what roof bars are those? I need to find a way to transport bikes.

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

If you can give me till tomorow ill sort some info out for you not got time tonight (shouldnt be on here too buisy )

there made by Cruz got them from www.roofbox.co.uk i think. bout 70/80 quids

then the cycle carriers are Thule (no idea where they came from there my dads i just nick them )
    Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 VTS

I've got the bike carriers (Thule), it's the bars I was interested in. Found them on Roofbox.co.uk previously, but hadn't seen them actually fitted to a C2. Are they sturdy and easy to fit?

Full Member OJW_C2 is on a distinguished road OJW_C2's Avatar

Love that boot build mate, I want something similar for mine.

Will have a peek at your boot build thread
    Check out the progress thread...

http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?17977-Oli-s-C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Quote Originally Posted by El Cap View Post
    I've got the bike carriers (Thule), it's the bars I was interested in. Found them on Roofbox.co.uk previously, but hadn't seen them actually fitted to a C2. Are they sturdy and easy to fit?
    will sort my reply to this out soon as i can but have no time atm, will do it by Friday!
    Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Right here goes, roof bars.

bought them from www.roofbox.co.uk the 'premium' package that is 75.95 atm HERE

Short review:
    They are sturdy once attached properly and quite strong. have used them 3 or 4 times and no issues whatsoever. Generally with 2/3 bikes on.
    Take a while to put on but once you used to it it will take about 10 mins
    Bit plasticy in places (covers)
    May need very minor alterations to fit (mine did, will explain later)
    One of the best value new

anyway the bars themselves and fitting:

The front bars are the ones that take the longest to fit as they require bolting onto to the car. These bolt points are in every c2 (i think check your roof)

anyway the front bolt points are under the rail covers. you can bend these back or pull them up, be careful not to pull by the end covers as they snap off easily. i cant really explain but if you push them outwards with your hands they pop off easily.
    The bolt hole may be rusted over like mine were meaning a bolt so to remove this rust and re-cut the threads use a M6 standard tap [I NEED TO CHECK THIS SO CHECK FIRST!] (shown in pic)

After that is sorted there are two plates that need fixing to the car. To do this bolts are supplied (i swapped to allen head bolts as these are far easier to use than the posi-drive ones supplied) and they simply screw in. I also used a piece of old towel to protect the paintwork.
    One of my parts here was a bit dodgy and needed the hole moving slightly to allow it to screw in so used a little handheld grinder to elongate the hole. This could also be done with a small file.
    When putting these on you have to make sure you put it on the right way as thy are slightly angled to compensate for the curvature of the roof.

The rest of the front bar comes pre-assembled and bolts on easily as pictured. tools and fittings are supplied. To adjust the bar two long bolts are inside of the main roof bar that can be tightened or loosened.
    My bar is slightly bowed upwards in this image, this may be removable by tightening more however worked fine once the bikes went on (slight leaning)

The cover then simply clips over the top. The option of locks locks these covers on, however the parts supplied anyway can also be used and are operated by a small allen key tool. In my opinion these are just as effective as the locks unless your thief is carrying the exact size spanner and allen key/posi-drive.

The back bars have claws (sort of) on them to grip onto the roof. These fit onto the bar in the same way as the front bar, and then the bar screws are tightened so that the claws grip the car. they grip above the rear window where there is a indent in the gap. Once you have fitted the claws these can be removed simply by loosening the bar screws making life easier.
    In the picture you cant see but again i have used a bit of cloth to protect the paintwork.

The bars haven't caused any damage to my car and have worked great so far, that's about it really! Any questions feel free to ask me!

Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Been cleaning the car again today with my new microfiber sponge thingy. Shame it was too late to polish and wax may get time tomorrow though.

And i keep forgetting to put these up but this is the finished Boot box with fans think i might turn the one on the left round so they both face upwards as there only really there to fill the holes and look good. And maybe buy some light up ones because i feel like it.

Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Addict Advanced Poster bigdeak is on a distinguished road bigdeak's Avatar

love the boot box mate loos ace. i like the fact youve gone in detail about the roof bars im after some but i really want citroen ones. there are some on ebay for 110 but they wont post to the isle of wight!!!!! bastards!

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeak View Post
    love the boot box mate loos ace. i like the fact youve gone in detail about the roof bars im after some but i really want citroen ones. there are some on ebay for 110 but they wont post to the isle of wight!!!!! bastards!
    Just after i bought mine a new set of genuine Citroen bars went for 60 on ebay, was gutted.

I hear you have to cut your rail covers to fit these though???
    Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Addict Advanced Poster bigdeak is on a distinguished road bigdeak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liam SX View Post
    Just after i bought mine a new set of genuine Citroen bars went for 60 on ebay, was gutted.

I hear you have to cut your rail covers to fit these though???
    yeh i read that somewhere.

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

Unfortunately i may be selling Cyrill in a few weeks as i need a more economical car as im changing jobs which will involve a 100 mile round trip every day for the first month or so till i can find somewhere to rent. looking at the 1.6 C2 HDI's.

Dont want to let him go though
    Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 Code

I Have decided not to bother with the HDI or more economical car as it will cost too much to buy, and it will take a good few years for my wallet to start seeing a benefit so i get to keep him

Will just have to start being a bit more of an eco-warrior on the roads instead.

Anyway, ive been refurbishing my spare wheel carrier and wheel itself recently and jut got it back from shot blasting and painting. Just need to tidy up the inside and have the tire put back on now.

Meet Cyrill the C2

C2 Model
    1.6 VTS

Quote Originally Posted by Liam SX View Post
    Right here goes, roof bars...
    Cheers, very comprehensive review. Ordered some on the weekend.

+ Reply to Thread