+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Decent 'Professional' Valet/Mopping.

I'd still only do it once a month then, a good polish stays on the car, the dirt just piles on top of it, but if it works man good

I'd honestly recommend putting the money you'd spend on a valet into buying some quality products.

Take a nice sunday, and spend the day doing it. Beside chips, dents and scratches, you can polish all those swirls and blemishes out over time. And it's really, really satisfying (probably not bad exercise either)

Follow some guides, read into the products, and then you'll have them to re-use once a month, once a year, whatever suits you.

Cleaning, and taking pride in your car is well worth the work. First time round though, expect to spend most of the day doing it... And be fucking knackered afterwards!

Full Member Funtime is on a distinguished road Funtime's Avatar
    C2 Model
    C2 GT

I tried washing it today without polishing, and it actually worked pretty well i might not do it every wash now, I didnt realise the dirt was piling on top of it man Il try once a month
    Some people call me Funtime
    Citroen C2 GT no 0372,
    Colour coded mirror caps, Brembo vented front discs, Citroen Valve caps, C2club key ring and Window Decals

My progress thread
    : http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?15023-Funtime-s-C2-GT-project-log

Full Member Funtime is on a distinguished road Funtime's Avatar
    C2 Model
    C2 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Outline View Post
    I'd honestly recommend putting the money you'd spend on a valet into buying some quality products.

Take a nice sunday, and spend the day doing it. Beside chips, dents and scratches, you can polish all those swirls and blemishes out over time. And it's really, really satisfying (probably not bad exercise either)

Follow some guides, read into the products, and then you'll have them to re-use once a month, once a year, whatever suits you.

Cleaning, and taking pride in your car is well worth the work. First time round though, expect to spend most of the day doing it... And be fucking knackered afterwards!
    I agree with this too
    Some people call me Funtime
    Citroen C2 GT no 0372,
    Colour coded mirror caps, Brembo vented front discs, Citroen Valve caps, C2club key ring and Window Decals

My progress thread
    : http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?15023-Funtime-s-C2-GT-project-log

C2 Addict Advanced Poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar

If you polish it too much you might end up polishing through the lacquer eventually

Done: anthracite wheels, rear 3 windows tinted, club stickers,, white headlight bulbs, red badges, , full ashley decat twinbox system, GSR induction kit , red engine cover, coilovers
    To come: Cams and Remap within a few months
    clicky---------->
    Black VTS progress thread <---------clicky

Full Member Craigthompson is on a distinguished road Craigthompson's Avatar
    C2 Model
    1.4 Furio (Sold)

Took a day off work before the fast show this month to do a full wash, polish and wax. Also ordered this to get rid of swirl marks hopefully

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/car-po...2/prod_48.html
    Black C2 Furio 1.4 Now gone but not forgotten

> Progress Thread <

Full Member Hollie22 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    C2 Loeb '07

i recommend this chap if anyones is to get theres done
    http://www.vdservices.co.uk/car-vale...ich-index.html

ive had my c2 done by him and my partner had his evo 8 done as well.

great work and a great shine!

Detailing Oracle Loeb 55 is on a distinguished road Loeb 55's Avatar
    C2 Model
    #55 red loeb

50 to machine polish a car??? the stuff i use to do this is probably 50+ straight off then the time to prep machine polish (correct/enhance/finish) Looking about 200 for a decent job (this is my profession) taking about 2 days because if you rush it especially on black you will see marring in the paint.

This is mine after 26 hours and a 2 stage machine polish then a wax applied.

And the same stages for a black car (c2)

Lite Member aaronfife is on a distinguished road aaronfife's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT #1352

As above, I had mine done by a local detailer and with my help, we toke 14 hours straight to complete a 1 stage machine polish with medium cut polish. The materials were about 50 for us and that was being very careful on product amount used.

As regards to polishing it every week.. you'll strike through the clear coat one day depending on the polish 'cut'. A car doesn't need polished every weekend. Most good quality waxes last 3-6 months and ceramic based glass coatings can last 12-24 months if washed correctly. If you 'feel' the need to polish it all the time, your just, simply, wasting product. If the car needs polishing every month because of swirls, there is something wrong with your wash technique. I've discovered this over years and years of friends doing this and having my own business (As some people on here do for a living )

I charge from 200 for detail work and our valets are 60, if anyone is offering detailing, buffing for less i would be seriously worried. www.inspired-automotive.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by aaronfife View Post
    As regards to polishing it every week.. you'll strike through the clear coat one day depending on the polish 'cut'. A car doesn't need polished every weekend. Most good quality waxes last 3-6 months and ceramic based glass coatings can last 12-24 months if washed correctly. If you 'feel' the need to polish it all the time, your just, simply, wasting product. If the car needs polishing every month because of swirls, there is something wrong with your wash technique. I've discovered this over years and years of friends doing this and having my own business (As some people on here do for a living )
    So very true this above comment, along with being a professional detailer we also make all our own products and sell these across the world, one thing we dont do is a pure polish due to this damaging clear coat but doing the job as designed.

Our equivelent is a liquid wax which fills paint as needed to give the same effect but actually giving up to 2 months protection and looks from one coat and not damaging paint.

[QUOTE=Matt17121991;219984]My name is Matthew , I provide a professional valeting service at locations Rayleigh ,Benfleet , Wickford ,Canvey Island , Southend on sea , Hockley . I aim to achieve the highest levels of service for our customers and this is reflected by the volume of vehicles we clean and positive customer feedback. I got 10 years experience to car valeting. (MOP-Machine Operated Polisher) as it is sometimes called not only brings correction for paint blemishes such as swirl marks, cob webbing and hollograming it also burnishes the paint finish to a very high gloss which will set your car apart from others. We guarantee to remove as many paintwork blemishes giving your car the best clarity of reflection. Please call 07470319468 . Unit 5
    Gables Properties
    Beke Hall Chase North
    Rayleigh SS6 9EZ . Charge from 180 for detail ,
    work and our valets are 65, if anyone is offering detailing, mopping for less i would be seriously worried .

Lite Member dottyvts is on a distinguished road dottyvts's Avatar
    C2 Model
    VTS

I think some people on here need to read up on paint correction,polishing,cutting and waxing etc. Some fairly inaccurate advice being given out.

Any good detailer should have paint corrected in a days work unless its been in a car crash lol, Citroen paint is fairly soft therfore quite easy to correct.

+ Reply to Thread