+ Reply to Thread

Thread: front brakes

Default front brakes

i have a grinding noise coming from my front brakes and it gets worse when i am braking the disc and pads are about 4 months old.anyone else had this problem.if so what was it .regards andy.i have a c2 vts.

Full Member DavidB is on a distinguished road DavidB's Avatar

I had this noise but it was a few week after i bought it, turns out i needed new discs and pads, but you said your are only 4 months old so unsure.

I went down kwik fit cos they do a free brake check, maybe worth while doing that, at end of day its free.
    Done - |Reedspeed Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust||Fli Sub||Stubby Arial||Sprayed Front Door Speaker Caps ||De-Wipered Back Window||Pressed plates||16" GT Alloys||Wind Deflectors||Black Angel Front Lights||Bonnet Struts||Black Lexus Back Lights||Lowered on Cituning Extra Lows||Smoothed Front Bumper|

Full Member madmat59 is on a distinguished road madmat59's Avatar
    C2 Model
    2018 Transit Custom

Does it do it when you are driving normally as well if so could be a wheel bearing.
    Ex owner of C2 GT 0285
    Ex owner of Peugeot 308 150 Sport
    Current owner of 2015 fiesta ST2

i will take to kwikfit for a brake check.never had this before its turned into a scraping noise now when i apply the brake.

Full Member m8rky is on a distinguished road m8rky's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Code & VTS

Quote Originally Posted by young fez View Post
    i will take to kwikfit for a brake check.never had this before its turned into a scraping noise now when i apply the brake.
    Word of advice mate,stay as far away from any Kwik Fit as you possibly can.You would be much better going to a small independent garage.Having said that the C2 does suffer from noisy brakes if you do a search there are many threads on the subject.It may be that after 4 months a bit of rust has built up on the edge of the disc,this can sometimes cause a scraping noise.

Full Member DavidB is on a distinguished road DavidB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m8rky View Post
    Word of advice mate,stay as far away from any Kwik Fit as you possibly can.You would be much better going to a small independent garage.Having said that the C2 does suffer from noisy brakes if you do a search there are many threads on the subject.It may be that after 4 months a bit of rust has built up on the edge of the disc,this can sometimes cause a scraping noise.
    Kwik fit are spot on for doing the free check. This is what i did and then took it to the local garage for all work doing.
    Done - |Reedspeed Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust||Fli Sub||Stubby Arial||Sprayed Front Door Speaker Caps ||De-Wipered Back Window||Pressed plates||16" GT Alloys||Wind Deflectors||Black Angel Front Lights||Bonnet Struts||Black Lexus Back Lights||Lowered on Cituning Extra Lows||Smoothed Front Bumper|

just had my brakes checked all clear but scraping noise still there,so i have been brave and striped the brakes down and wire brushed the disc and pads,thanks to the forums step by step guide on how to do your brakes.

Full Member CairneyVTR is on a distinguished road CairneyVTR's Avatar

i have the same problem think one on my discs are warped and not bitting fully same problem i had with my pug 206 3 sets of pads in a year because of uneven ware and 2 sets of discs beginning to wonder if its me because i am quite hard on the brakes alot let me know how you get on
    Quote Originally Posted by GUY View Post
    Fits a fist...like any good woman

well cleaned the brakes down was ok for a few miles then the scraping noise was back,never had these problems on my PaxoPaxoPaxoPaxo vts.. i think the c2 vts is for people who have loads of wad because you are forever spending money on em,mine will be finding a new owner soon.

Member Regular Poster jwc2 is on a distinguished road

sounds like you need new discs and pads, could be a wheel bearing but i'd be willing to put money on it being the disk and pads. Check the disk for grooving?

Its a simple job to change yourself you just need the right sized star nut to get the caliper off to change the disk. Most good car places and not so good (halfrauds) sell them.
    Proud new owner red C2 by Loeb, Number 0351. FK highsports, Black VTS rims with red chevrons, BMC CDA, black rear valance, short arieal.

right found the problem drivers side disk slightly warped,anyone know if i can just change the disc and leave the pads or do i have to change the disc and pads.the pads are only 4 months old.cheers.

+ Reply to Thread