+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie questions:)

Default Newbie questions:)

Hi Guys,

New to the site, few questions. What are the best springs to drop my C2 Code and is it possible to shoe-horn 18" rims on it?

Thanks in advance

Full Member Simon72 is on a distinguished road Simon72's Avatar

Most will answer with the normal answer of Coilovers for a decient lowering, but a good set of SPAX coils will do you.

http://www.manicmotors.co.uk/2-2003-...els/p-159-621/

And Yes 18" will fit under as long as you get the correct PCD and OFFSET also running 215/35/18 tyres to keep correct rolloing radius for correct speedo reading

PCD : 4x108
    Offset : 15 to 25
    Bore : 65.1
    EX-C2 Owner (The original Wicked Red - White Stripe)
    EX-Land Rover Discovery For Some Muddy Fun.
    Now Driving a 2003 Vauxhall Omega 2.2Dti (Chipped) Estate with only 69,000 on the clock.
    www.rallyforheroes.com

Thanks dude, much appreciated. I've gone with a set of cituning springs as advised in the modifications section of the forum. Think I may go for 17's, 35 profile tyres on 18's will be a bone shaker! Thanks again

Full Member Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri's Avatar
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Sounds like what i had on my VTS before i went back to stock - 17's and cituning extra lows, its not a bad comprimise between cost and looks and ride quality. I find the coilvers quite bone shaking!

C2 Addict Advanced Poster mrtomc2 is on a distinguished road mrtomc2's Avatar

17,s look very nice on c2,s, is your c2 standard?

I've just bought the cituning extra lows (not fitted yet), any chance you have a picture of your vts? Just hope that they aren't to low!

Quote Originally Posted by elemental View Post
    Sounds like what i had on my VTS before i went back to stock - 17's and cituning extra lows, its not a bad comprimise between cost and looks and ride quality. I find the coilvers quite bone shaking!
    I've just bought the cituning extra lows (not fitted yet), any chance you have a picture of your vts? Just hope that they aren't to low!

Sorry for the double post, just getting my head around the forum:P

Full Member Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri has much to be proud of Pri's Avatar

Thats mine on the 17's and cituning extra lows, not the best picture but one of very few i have from around that time!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtomc2 View Post
    17,s look very nice on c2,s, is your c2 standard?
    C2 Code, 16v 125bhp, leather interior. Just bought some xenon (white) bulbs for it, lowered springs and looking to get a nice set of 17's on it, should look tight after that
    Last edited by C2IRONGREY; 11-03-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elemental View Post
    Thats mine on the 17's and cituning extra lows, not the best picture but one of very few i have from around that time!

Nice stance bro, what was the ride like? Did you have any trouble with speed humps?

Thats mine on 17s to ride is harsh especially with all potholes about atm speed bumps are a biatch to for scraping front
    could put 19s on and not fill that gap ;/ plus any bigger u got probs catching on inside of arches
    Last edited by gurukev; 11-03-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Loving how yours looks elemental, I'm hoping to get a similar stance on mine when I lower it.

C2 1.4 Furio(Sold) / Performance Blue Fiesta ST (Owned)

The ride wasnt too bad compared to the standard springs, i think the big difference is going to coilies. Then you'd need to buy a pillow!

C2irongrey, where are you from

Quote Originally Posted by mrtomc2 View Post
    C2irongrey, where are you from
    Staffordshire, why?

Pm,d

+ Reply to Thread