+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brook's Black Furio!

Cool Brook's Black Furio!

Havent really made a Progress thread here, So.. Nows the time!

Im 17 and Started driving in October last year, so still quite a newbie to the whole car modding thang!

It as I got it..
    Well, it had been hit on the front so the Dad, 30 years experience in the car game which I get lectures from all the time bought a new front and then came on here took a look around and swiftly decided on Angel eyes and smoked rears.

Tints done, 100.. Did a Great job

Then for about a month havent done anything.. then had some trouble with alloys, offsets and I was stupid and in a rush so got some crap ones and they rubbed and bought spacers and still rub and then got annoyed and took em back and that was a drama but not back to steelies and just ordered some new shoes!!

Thinking.. Get them done in black and they will be wonderful, Got to get front left pads replaced.. Calipers going Red and drums black!

This weekend just gone.. as from the mistake of buying them alloys I had a can of Gloss black that I didnt take back.. sooo. Set off and sprayed what I could in black in the Interior. Also did the Mirror caps but dont have a picture of them, Rain and darkness stopped me. =[

As you can see, not very clean. Sorry, I know its shamefull

As I am still young this progress thread may be sloooww, Part time work and a course coming up soon.

On the List to do;
    Lowering
    Upgrading Sound System (Just Sub & Tweeters)
    Induction Kit
    Exhaust
    Steering Wheel (Maybe)
    Possibly Colour code Rear Valance, Mirror caps and Interior to a Red or the Orange (To match Interior)

Then... Would love feedback and advice because after that I have no idea what else to do

Full Member Wickedredc2 is on a distinguished road Wickedredc2's Avatar

Good progress and plans . Keep it up

Full Member DavidB is on a distinguished road DavidB's Avatar

Then painted bits don't look half bad, good job mate.
    How did you do it, spray??

Also, did you take all yer parts off? and how?

Thanks.
    Done - |Reedspeed Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust||Fli Sub||Stubby Arial||Sprayed Front Door Speaker Caps ||De-Wipered Back Window||Pressed plates||16" GT Alloys||Wind Deflectors||Black Angel Front Lights||Bonnet Struts||Black Lexus Back Lights||Lowered on Cituning Extra Lows||Smoothed Front Bumper|

Thanks

Yeah I basically pulled them off, the Console near the gearstick was annoying to put back on, but didnt take too long.

Primed them, then sprayed em, quite simple really, they all just clip back in!
    Mirror caps sanded down with 800 and 600 wet and dry etc primed and sprayed with Gloss black.

Oh. Also considoring De-Badging the tailgate. Next thing is possibly masking up the front badges and spraying them black and that as buying that smoothed grille takes a while and this is a quick walkaround for now.. thats also on my list :P

Okay, would halford spray do they job?

If your de badging tail gate, watch out for the holes that need smoothing mate.
    Done - |Reedspeed Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust||Fli Sub||Stubby Arial||Sprayed Front Door Speaker Caps ||De-Wipered Back Window||Pressed plates||16" GT Alloys||Wind Deflectors||Black Angel Front Lights||Bonnet Struts||Black Lexus Back Lights||Lowered on Cituning Extra Lows||Smoothed Front Bumper|

Yeah, Thats where I got mine from and too many people I know go to Halfords for their sprays, think it was 5.99 for one can and its done all of the things I did in the interior and lots left over!

Yep, Ive spent countless hours around forums hunting what I can do, Dad's friend owns a bodyshop so will be able to get them to fill and paint over the holes for me at a good price!

Just wondering about the rear wiper, as I do use it sometimes when I wanna see what cars behind me but thinking.. will it have to be cut off or there is a way of getting it off and be able to have it back on? Cheers

I cut it off mate, was easiest way.

Think it looks so much better.

Did you laquer after?

Didnt even have any laquer..

If it fucks up I might just buy some new ones anyway when I go to Colour code the outside lol

Right, The alloys came today and set off working to put them on.

The citroen bolt undoer thing, that like snapped on me so had to get the Leon's bolt undooer thing (Parent's car)
    The end where it goes over the bolt just came straight off when doing the bolts up lol ;/

Onto the wheels..

I am considoring getting them refurbed (Have tiny scuffs) then sprayed black but not totally sure what to do, Need advice

Am going more for the blackout look, stealth. Yes my drums looks disgustingly rusty brown and going to get them black and the front calipers most likely red.
    Good idea?

Also, These are the state of the steels that came off, well the tread :P

(One of them I got done like a few weeks ago)

Full Member Nip Nip is on a distinguished road

If thats how your steels came off I would get your tracking looked at. To me 1,3 and 4 are all worn on once side of the tyre but not the other. You will eat tyres at that rate
    http://c2club.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4692&dateline=1279039  955

Yeah I rolled them being our garage and stacked them off.
    Sorry im a bit of a noob here, tracking? What does that include?

My steering wheel is tilted slightly to the left when I drive along but it doesnt pull or anything, Its my dad has worked in the industry for 30 years and he hasnt noticed this? is it something to notice easily?

Thanks. But I am a first time driver of a Furio and have alot of people who wanna race me soo, could count for some of the wheel wear! =[

Lite Member spooner56 is on a distinguished road
    C2 Model
    Throttle Bodied VTS

If your tracking is out or alignment usually what happens is more pressure is put on to a certain area of the tyre wearing it more rapidly than the rest.In your case its edge of the tyre. I had the same problem with my old car its not expensive to fix really. I had all three done i had the balancing re done which was a fiver. Then had my wheels aligned and tracked which cost me 15 problem solved

Lite Member bigcormt is on a distinguished road bigcormt's Avatar

yea the tracking does look slightly out just at looking at the thread as my old subaru had this just bring it into a mechanic and ask them to check the tracking is ok.

All will be sorted!

Need;
    2 new front brakepads
    Get the tracking checked out
    Fix the washer jets (No response from them, just wipers move)
    Order bulb holders from citroen for the smoke side repeaters which have been sitting on my PC for 3 months lol!

Quick Question..
    What sort of brakepads should I go for? Dont mind getting calipers etc (Still, Newbie so not sure if its all the same thing)
    E.g. Should I get some nicer ones whilst im at it? dont want to spend incredible amounts but may try get some nice ones while im at it.

Ill take a hunt around anyway

Cheers for the help aswell!

Full Member c2ology is on a distinguished road c2ology's Avatar
    C2 Model
    C2 Furio

brakes4u.co.uk get some nice EBC's on it.
    C2 in Mazda Spirited Green *Donny North 06* Maxpower Live 2006 Top 100* 1st Place Premier Choice Award Winner of Donny South 06* Trax 06* PFC Full Mag Feature March 07* FCS07 Meguiar's Top 25* Donny South 07* Ex MK2 Seat Euro Style Arosa

You have the same furio as me! lol sorry new to this site and havent a bludy clue what or how to do things on here! :s X

mintex are a pritty decent budget brake pad imo mate
    ...............1.1 SX to C2 GT to BMW Drift-r..............

C2 Model
    Throttle Bodied VTS

Quick fix for your washer jets -- new fuse mine did the exact same when we had all the bad weather just blew a fuse

Yeah read up on the washer jets things a while back just havent got around to it, in the glovebox I havent got a fuse puller outer thing, Im guessing Ill go to Halfrauds and buy a fuse and see if they have something I can use lols

Thanks for the brakepad names ill look into em

Mine got blocked by dirt, ran a pin around in the inside of the jet and worked fine

Got it sorted out anyway, Spent 2 pound in Halfords and bought fuse, all workins

Got a few new pictures of my car! got the front badges done in black aswell :P

C2 Model
    Throttle Bodied VTS

looking nice mate glad you got it all sorted

epic wheel gap get colliees next

Nice car though mate maybe black gt wheels ??

Was thinking of Black GT wheels, but I dunno I like these now..

Also If im fully loaded, and I go over a bump however fast im going, so like 10.. it will hit on the wheel, the arch... (They arent fatties) So like if i hit it to the floor.. will it like fuck up or be alright because of a uprated suspension?

Confuse!

simple fix dont let fat chicks go in the back of your car mate

It may scrap but it will be aided by the stiffer suspension and pressure of the springs etc

+ Reply to Thread