PDA

View Full Version : Car maintenance & modifying services, East Midlands, North West, and mobile.

Den
16-11-2010, 05:11 PM
From Gav Alex and Jordon (gav_code57, The Legend, Lord Teddy)
Hi all, just want to put this advert out in the public domain, per se, for any of you who aren’t quite sure how to do maintenance parts/ modifications or haven’t got the tools/ knowledge/ the to pay a professional garage.

Gav and myself have our tools/ workspaces near Leicester, junctions 20 & 23 of the M1 respectively. I split my time between Leicester and Liverpool, so should you choose to get Jordon (Manchester based) to work on your car I will be able to lend a hand.
Gav and I have done more or less all the work on our own cars, ask to see examples of our work, we also dismantled the front end of Nip Nip’s car at FCS.

Work we would carry out:
brakes (discs and/or pads)
exhausts (cat back and/or manifold)
induction fitting
oil catch tank fitting
alloy wheel refurbishment (will take a couple of days for the faces or about a week or so for the entire wheel on the inside too, so you would need a second set of wheels or we could loan you a set)
any form of painting exterior (not going to be a professional job, but plenty good enough)
suspension
general servicing (oil, filters, plugs)
interior stripping, track prep etc.
Any questions please PM me. We can only say no. We will also give a price of work over PM. However we can’t won’t do any engine or gearbox work such as clutch, cam belt, cams etc. There will also be no warranty on our work, you ask us to undertake the work understanding the risks, buyer beware folks! But any problems, please let me know and we will see about a resolution!

All parts will need to be supplied by you. Fees will be pretty small; much less than a garage, (the base rate will be 20 cigarettes) plus you get banter and tea all the time!

We would be willing to travel a certain distance at an extra cost to cover fuel/time, but would prefer to do the work in our garages. Also if you’re not based in the midlands, Teddy (based in Manchester) has said you can go to him to for assistance.
Feel free to PM me and you can come round for a chat or whatever....
An example of pricing is decat manifold and catback exhaust fitted from 60.
Coilovers fitted from 60.
Regards

Rorza10
22-12-2010, 11:27 PM
I had gav(gav_57code) do my Ashley exhaust & mani, gsr ik, washer Bottle motor, sort my rattling coilovers out 2day and he did a gr8 Job, provided he had to use putty for my exhaust as no clamps provided and hole in my mani ( brought new off potn) exhaust is not blowing at all even with the use of just the putty but will get clamps on as soon as they come, I am very pleased with what gav has done in 1day and would highly recommend all of you to ask him about any work you would like doing, he charges f**k all compared to garages as all my work cost 70 where as I'm sure a garage would charge well over 250. Thanks agen gav much appreciated

Den
07-02-2011, 07:31 PM
A comment from another happy customer!

Although my car was donned with many a swear word Gav and Alex did a great job on fitting my FK Highsports :D We did not have one corner go to plan but between the pair of them we got it done (my cars fault, not them!). Great lads, good banter, shame we didn't have time for a pint at the end. Recommend there work to anyone...saves you a feck load of cash!

Cheers,
Guy

Pri
12-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Had Alex and Gav fit me some new brakes and discs on Friday. Very pleased with the work - top lads, good banter and they dont rush a job so they make sure its done properly. They're straight up and if something cant be done - they wont attempt it and make a bodge of it. Cheers!

The Legend
06-07-2011, 10:15 PM
can update this a little now, gav's off to Oz soon so have found myself some new premises, and a new partner in crime..er grime.
he's a pro mechanic, and the replies in this thread say that i know what i'm doing, so MOT prep, servicing, modifications, auto electronics work, hit me up on here.
have got a workshop, near melton mowbray (pork pies and stilton; 'kinell!) welding equipment, compressor for air tools oh and top end diagnostic equipment... we cater for all makes ages and conditions of cars, on evenings and weekends.....

alex

OJW_C2
22-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Do you do smoothing at all? I want my boot lid de-badged, smoothed & painted

Cheers

Jonno27
14-02-2013, 03:05 PM
So how much for a full wheel refurb? Midlands area. I have the white GT alloys

MRHBLUE2
16-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Wondering if you guys are still doing this ?

Happy to give work to Club members and get decent service at the same time....

Need a clutch fitting to the missus C1 !!!!

Derby based